Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So any of you Wisconsinites here have that winning powerball ticket sold in your state? :D
I would have been buying a place somewhere warm this morning if I did have it!

I am interested to see where in WI the ticket was sold-they haven't said yet.

I did not win--we did buy a ticket but we didn't win. BUT now is the time to buy tickets when less are buying tickets :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cold, but bright and sunny here! I'm still plugging along with decongestant/stimulant-induced sleep deprivation. I don't think I will need to take the decongestant tonight. :fl I'm writing for work today, taking it one paragraph at a time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yesterday I read How Stella Learned to Talk. It's fascinating! It's the story of the first dog trained to use AAC buttons. Her owner is a speech therapist and applied the ideas from her training and experience of AAC devices with children.

I filled Boi's button board. I changed Treat button to All-done. It was great for teaching him he can use buttons to ask, but he's more motivated by other things. He hasn't used his Treat button after he learned other buttons (Bone, Toy, Play, Pet). I added an unused button (intended to be walk) for Want.

He knows quite a few other words (that aren't cues/commands). He pointed at the training treat canister to ask for a training session, for example. He needs more buttons. I could add Now, Later, Okay (yes), No, Baymax, Boi, Mom, Outside, Train, Eat, Couch, Bed, Upstairs, Go. I wish I had more space and budget for this.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I enrolled Boi in a research study on dogs communicating with buttons. One of the things they are looking at in the first phase is if there are breed differences in dogs' ability to learn to communicate with buttons. My dog my be a data point of abject failure. :gig

DH saw me modeling buttons this morning and said I need a border collie :gig Border collie and their mixes are on my short list of breeds I would consider for a future puppy.

Latest posts