Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This can be a sign of extreme intelligence. Children with extreme intelligence tend to have poor executive functioning (ADHD-like symptoms) until about the age of 11. Then they flip and have better executive functioning than normal. Interesting...
Which is why most schools don't start the accelerated or gifted classes until 3rd and/or 4th grade

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have a great attention span for things i'm interested in. just have to find the things that click with some of them and then you're fine. others it won't matter what the subject is they'll just jump around a lot. different kinds of personalities and different ways of learning. sometimes i'm very focused and can study for hours, other times i have no patience for it.

in high school smoking dope helped me a lot for math. i had a hard time settling down to work on problems otherwise. unfortunately this meant i really had no skills or aptitude or habits when it came to college level of study so i had to get all that sorted out under fire (and while also working). so it was fun. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a very productive day yesterday. So much email correspondence - thank goodness for schedule send! So much website maintenance - next update is don, just need to hit publish in 2 weeks. So many documents made - I got a little bit ahead!

Today I need to get caught up with work. meh.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I didn't catch up with work. Not sure I did any today. o_O🤦‍♀️

I made revised a recordkeeping form for 4-H, which took most of the morning. I picked up printing for a 4-H meeting next week and a book to deliver to another Leader. I made about 150 labeled pins for kids to stab into stuffed toy dogs to learn dog anatomy terms - tedious job, hopefully will never need to be repeated. I made patterns for 7 sizes of dog collars and made 6 samples for the 4-H meeting next week. I made about 20 kits for kids to make collars. Hoping I can get leash kits made up tonight too. They're for a meeting a couple weeks away, but if I miscalculated materials I need to order more ASAP.

and I cleaned my house a little bit. I've been laid up for a few days and just able to more around semi-freely today. Feels good to move. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More news - :lol: I'm so disorganized today!

DH and I drew blood for pregnancy tests on 4 sheep that look less pregnant than the others. One of those is a ewe he wants to cull so I really hope she is bred. She has always had her lambs late, and we didn't leave the ram in with them as long as past years. :fl

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a fun little health experiment going. Restricted diets helped reduce my GI symptoms but not all of them consistently. There's possibility that adding B1/thiamine supplement could solve those problems. Well how would I ever know if I was feeling better due to diet, B1 or both? I can't live with that kind of uncertainty! :gig So I'm going off all my dietary restrictions, staying on B1, and seeing what happens. So far it looks promising for my short term happiness and long term poor health. :gig (as in, B1 seems to be a solution that allows me to eat junk food comfortably.) The experiment continues...