Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I stayed home from the shelter to make a new service dog vest to go with Boi's new harness (that I made last year!) There are some technical/difficult parts so I decided to make a "thin" version with 2 pockets. I have "junior" backpacks ready to make a saddlebag version someday.

Pattern made, fabric cut. 🎉 gotta set up my sewing machine and get the fiddly bits done first.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH was on call last night. He left for a call 9 or 10 p.m. He wasnt home at mignight and hadnt sent a text which is not like him. I sent a text... no answer. Sent another at 2 a.m. ... nothing. 🤔 I was getting anxious so I went to check on him. He was sleeping on the office floor. He must have needed to check his patient a few times overnight?

He went to bed early, so I get an evening off from family/schedule/supper expectations. :celebrate

DS15 planted hybrid tea roses, forsythia, and hydrangea. I shooed him to the garden to plant tomatoes. Perfect weather, gotta get stuff in the dirt! I hope gets tomatoes in tonight. And I hope he plants marigolds too.They have buds already!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH was on call last night. He left for a call 9 or 10 p.m. He wasnt home at mignight and hadnt sent a text which is not like him. I sent a text... no answer. Sent another at 2 a.m. ... nothing. 🤔 I was getting anxious so I went to check on him. He was sleeping on the office floor. He must have needed to check his patient a few times overnight?

He went to bed early, so I get an evening off from family/schedule/supper expectations. :celebrate

DS15 planted hybrid tea roses, forsythia, and hydrangea. I shooed him to the garden to plant tomatoes. Perfect weather, gotta get stuff in the dirt! I hope gets tomatoes in tonight. And I hope he plants marigolds too.They have buds already!
I finished my dog harness/vest plan. It worked! And I dont like it. I can improve it with hand stitching. But I don't like the color! Was supposed to be aqua, but its baby blue :sick

I've been cleaning. 6 weeks of junk in my living/dining room. So much stuff to store in the basement! my next house needs an elevator for the days I cant do stairs!

My houseplants are neglected, but still salvageable.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is in a phase of not listening to directions. Most recently he put a tall box on his hamster's cage and left the lid off. Hamster escaped.

Last night we heard rodenty sounds all night and early morning that sounded as if they were in the ductwork.

We put an endoscope into the ducts - no sign of her. DH thinks DS7 and I are wrong about the sound coming fthe ducts last night.

No sounds tonight either. I am worried she wont find access to water. But there are mouse stashes of dog kibble in my walls so I doubt she would starve. (What do mice drink?)

I put her cage on the floor, used the lid to make a ramp up to it, and sprinkled nest material from her favorite hide on it. (Hamsters navigate by primarily by scent.)

She's such a nice hamster! I hope she fonds her way back! 😢

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is in a phase of not listening to directions. Most recently he put a tall box on his hamster's cage and left the lid off. Hamster escaped.

Last night we heard rodenty sounds all night and early morning that sounded as if they were in the ductwork.

We put an endoscope into the ducts - no sign of her. DH thinks DS7 and I are wrong about the sound coming fthe ducts last night.

No sounds tonight either. I am worried she wont find access to water. But there are mouse stashes of dog kibble in my walls so I doubt she would starve. (What do mice drink?)

I put her cage on the floor, used the lid to make a ramp up to it, and sprinkled nest material from her favorite hide on it. (Hamsters navigate by primarily by scent.)

She's such a nice hamster! I hope she fonds her way back! 😢
Woohoo! :weeeShe ran across the bedroom floor and DH caught her! She is back in her cage with the lid secured. She will never like her cage again after experiencing feeedom 😅 I need to look for an upgrade.

Latest posts