Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and DS7 have COVID. DH's test was dark lines, DS7's (who just had COVID 10 weeks ago!) was very faint. DH said it was negative, but then my expert eyes (from faint positive pregnancy tests, LOL) see the faint line and DH concedes there is a line. DS15 and I are negative.

So, DS7 is suddenly on summer break - he will miss the last week of school. DS15 has 3 more days of school.

I got DS15 re-started on training sheep for the fair. I plan to have him enter one ewe and whatever lambs she has, since lambs are not weaned. My oldest ewe is my most tame ewe. She will walk on lead in pasture for grain, dandelions, and burdock leaves. The ewe we planned to bring got sunburned and lost wool - she looks awful so I think she is out. She is also being standoffish and only rarely approaching for treats. There is a ewe that DS15 lead-trained and walked on lead this spring still, but she did not approach at all. IDK! Only like 6 weeks until the fair so who knows if he can train one well enough.

I have to turn in fairground camping registration this week and stall requests this week, so I guess we're going for it and will pull out at the last minute if necessary?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and DS7 have COVID. DH's test was dark lines, DS7's (who just had COVID 10 weeks ago!) was very faint. DH said it was negative, but then my expert eyes (from faint positive pregnancy tests, LOL) see the faint line and DH concedes there is a line. DS15 and I are negative.
Oh no! Hope it stays away from you and DS15!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is asymptomatic. DH has been tired, muscle aches, and fever. He is starting to get an occasional dry cough. He still cleaned the barn and mowed today anyway. Just with a nap in the middle. 3 out of 10 of his employees/coworkers have it too, so he is worried about how to manage workflow, etc.

We have been staying apart since he started having symptoms. Beautiful windy weather, so I've had all the windows open all day. DS7 and DH spent most of the day outside. DH even took his nap outside in the grass. :gig I dug out COVID-killing cleaners, decontaminated my stuff and moved to the living room. The guest bedroom needs new window screens so I figure sleeping on the couch with all the windows open is better.

I'm taking zinc, quercetin, vitamin C (from food). I hope I'll skip this round of COVID. I feel fine so far. I;m going to cancel volunteering at the shelter tomorrow anyway. They barely have enough people to make ends meet, so COVID going through would be devastating.

DS15 avoids us in the most teenager-y way possible so I would be surprised if he gets sick. :lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry y’all are dealing with Covid. I still tire easily. I hope your DH bounces back to his usual self quickly.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 is still his normal self, but he's not too happy about having to stay outside or upstairs. DH has been in bed all day so far. Fever, but not too high. Ox sat is okay. He asked me to call the doctor to get antiviral rx, so I'm waiting for a call back from the nurse. I don't think he is eligible for any treatment.

I had a bit of a sore throat this morning. I barely slept, thanks to working late and a windstorm. I get sore throat frequently related to chronic fatigue, so IDK. I'm taking those anti-viral supplements and eating healthy. I feel fine now. Gotta get some exercise and deep breathing in - cellular deformation boosts the immune system apparently. https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih...thing-activates-lung-defenses-against-viruses

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No major changes here. A couple more employees/coworkers have COVID, up to 6 out of 10. Only one person was there today. If I'd known earlier I would have brought her lunch and a treat, I feel bad for missing that opportunity.

I feel good, thank goodness. I was able to get a lot done on my writing contract (and plan to work on it again shortly). I might have it finished this week. I made bone broth and noodle soup for DH. He asked if we had frozen pizza so I baked the last one, but he wasn't feeling able to eat it. No biggie, everyone likes cold pizza! I'm glad I was able to cook today. I started another crockpot of ragu sauce for myself too. I used up all the veggies in my fridge! Woot!

I had the windows open, fans on. DH has been sequestered to the master bedroom. We wear masks. I wash my hands and spray lysol on the doorknob every time I leave the room. So far, so good. I hope I can keep myself un-sick.