Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Poultry quarantine is over, and the state ban on poultry events (swap meets, county fairs, etc) has ended too. I'm not terribly motivated to get chickens, but I want eggs. We still have a rat problem in our coop. I might raise chicks in the barn?? build a chicken tractor?? IDK. What should I do?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poultry quarantine is over, and the state ban on poultry events (swap meets, county fairs, etc) has ended too. I'm not terribly motivated to get chickens, but I want eggs. We still have a rat problem in our coop. I might raise chicks in the barn?? build a chicken tractor?? IDK. What should I do?
will the rats move to the new source if you build or raise in the barn? If you get chicks now, will you run into them possibly not laying until spring? Can you buy local eggs until spring and then use the winter to prepare? Just a couple thoughts

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
will the rats move to the new source if you build or raise in the barn? If you get chicks now, will you run into them possibly not laying until spring? Can you buy local eggs until spring and then use the winter to prepare? Just a couple thoughts
We don't have rats in our barn, so I think that will be okay. I might raise them in wire cages? IDK. I have a few options. Including a chicken tractor or making garden tunnels.

If they're in my coop they might lay in winter. My coop has south-facing windows and gets light from the yard light too, so I usually get eggs all winter.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I asked DH to pull the camper out of the shed and park it by the house so I can start cleaning and packing. I got the worst of the mouse mess cleaned up, but I still need to bleach surfaces before I start packing. I have a short list of minor/aesthetic upgrades I want to make this year too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I remember those days! 'Cept we didn't get any sleep because of all the drunk cowboys tryin' to find their campers or trucks, or girlfriends or maybe just another beer, lol!
I hope it's tame. Thee fair manager gives camping spots to families of kids showing at the fair first. But I bet we'll be tired enough to sleep through anything!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I put all the camper kitchen stuff through the dishwasher and bleached the camper kitchen. Next up is a quick wipe-down and I can start packing. I pulled out the mattress pad and put it through the washer and dryer. I'm ready to make the beds too. :D

You know I'll be in there, hiding from my kids, as soon as it's cleaned up. :gig

Latest posts