Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mom caught my brother smoking cigars, thought she was going to teach him a lesson by making him smoke them all at once. stunk up the room and made her sick, but he had no problems with it at all. could still smell it in that room months later... we still laugh about that one. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
left to my own devices i'm a much healthier eater than Mom. i'm getting better and we are gradually changing some things but it's been a long road and the journey continues... :)

this house is always loaded with baking supplies and i love things like cookie dough and cake batters or even just pancake batter - so if i had zero self-discipline i'd be much larger than i am... oy...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Mom caught my brother smoking cigars, thought she was going to teach him a lesson by making him smoke them all at once. stunk up the room and made her sick, but he had no problems with it at all. could still smell it in that room months later... we still laugh about that one. :)
There was a similar fail yesterday involving 4 orders of large french fries. :gig

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
left to my own devices i'm a much healthier eater than Mom. i'm getting better and we are gradually changing some things but it's been a long road and the journey continues... :)

this house is always loaded with baking supplies and i love things like cookie dough and cake batters or even just pancake batter - so if i had zero self-discipline i'd be much larger than i am... oy...
That’s the reason for making cookies and cakes-to eat the cookie dough and the cake batter.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I couldn't get myself going this morning. After a couple hours I wondered am I like, getting depressed, because wtf?! And then I remembered I'm sick and took sudafed. All better now. :rolleyes: I need a little work on my self-care :gig

I have a flat tire on my car. (at home, thank goodness!!) Got the lug nuts off but the tire is stuck. Okie dokes, the universe says I should can the broth in my fridge today. :gig

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
How is it we can clean all day and it doesn't look any different?
  • DH came home and knocked the tire off. Got the spare on - it's flat too. I give up! Better luck tomorrow?
  • Put away 4 loads laundry
  • Canned venison broth
  • DS15 made an origami poster - prep for a 4-H class he wants to teach
  • Removed my HUGE kennel from my living room. Gracie is just inside at night and she can be in the laundry room instead - it's her favorite because it has the warmest heat vent in the house.
  • Rearranged living room furniture
  • Folded some origami hummingbirds. I plan to make a mobile decoration for spring. 1,000 hummingbirds? IDK...
  • Dishes, dishes, more dishes

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I gotta rave about Alexa again. DS7 does a morning routine now - without tantrums! :weee Unbelievable!

The smart lights (set to circadian rhythm so they change color and brightness throughout the day) have helped with my sleep. I'm finally waking up alert - and just before my alarm.

I got back into time restricted feeding (a.k.a. intermittent fasting) because I set reminders. I had been forgetting I was fasting. 🙄 I'm back to my 20:4 maintenance routine. 🎉

I'm not missing doses of pets' medications anymore. I'm "remembering" to brush dogs' teeth.

I don't have as much cognitive load. I can think about things other that trying to remember what I forgot. 🙄 I have less anxiety - especially around those kid routines.

DH hates Alexa so very much 🙄🤐

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have an Alexa story for you. My youngest granddaughter, DG3, is 6 years old and is quite a handful. Brilliant smart, but the attention span of a gnat. She can’t concentrate long enough to get herself dressed and ready to go to school in the morning. As a baby, she barely slept. Getting her to go to sleep is often an ordeal. She has gotten much better but it’s still a challenge for her parents.

BTW, it’s not a problem for me, I wear her little butt out….

A few nights ago, DG3 was crying for a snack. Already in bed, it’s a ruse she uses to extend awake time. She knew if she went downstairs she would get a spanking. So she used the Alexa in her room to talk to her parents through the Alexa downstairs. Wailing, crying, begging for a snack, the little stinker drove them nuts. So son in law unplugged the downstairs Alexa. What did she do? She used Alexa to call them on their cell phones! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts