Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Up at 5 a.m. again! Gotta keep my schedule or school mornings get too hard. I'm ready for a nap.

Heat wave isn't here yet. Was supposed to hit 90+ today, 99 tomorrow. About 5 days of hot. But it's low-60s, cloudy, rainy all morning. Much better!

I did grocery shopping. I am trying to transition to shopping once a week. I was driving a lot over summer and was getting whatever on my list anytime I was near a store. (Daily... 😬) That doesn't fit my school year routine, so I'm re-learning to adjust. (I don't like it, I'm spoiled)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a list taped to frig...add as low onto list, buy on a planned trip. When I work several days a week, you'd THINK I'd never have a list. But I rarely buy anything on those days -- tunnel vision, do job & leave. I've even forgotten to buy something totally out of 😱 & meant to buy. :thusually cat food. Find a mouse!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a list taped to frig...add as low onto list, buy on a planned trip. When I work several days a week, you'd THINK I'd never have a list. But I rarely buy anything on those days -- tunnel vision, do job & leave. I've even forgotten to buy something totally out of 😱 & meant to buy. :thusually cat food. Find a mouse!
I'm using Alexa app. When we're low on something we say "Alexa, add ______ to my shopping list." Then pull up the app on my phone when I'm at a store. It sorts the list by food category, like dairy and produce.

(Did I mention I have spoiled myself in the last few years? Moms can't keep up with expectations anymore without outsourcing to technology)

Always double check - kids try to sneak stuff on the list 🙄

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No big changes here. Kids' routines aren't getting done and I'm refusing to add anything to my to-do list. It's hard! I want to do things, but we just cannot anymore.

I was feeling unwell for a couple days and everything fell apart. Kids are not independent on any task. It's ridiculous!

DS8 is getting easier to wake in the morning, but he's still not getting up without intervention. He has a bed shaker alarm, a phone alarm, a vibrating watch alarm, and a Pokémon Go Plus + alarm, and smart lights that gradually turn on before his wake times. Still not getting him awake! Uggh! I bought melatonin gummies. He has been wanting to take a supplement so he'll be happy to take it. And it should help shift his sleep time earlier so mornings are easier. 🤞

My new barn cats are hanging around the house. DH is annoyed. My kitten has had his first trip to the pet store and farm store. He was stressed (scary shopping carts!), but he didn't stick his claws into me! 😍 good boy! Will repeat this soon. Hopefully every week.

The epoxy floors were poured at the new vet clinic! It is on track for opening in 6 weeks! I have so much work to do! 😬 I'm not ready. I can't get anything done because of my kids' behavior. 😡

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
8yrs old is young to expect consistency, but you can help and he can do some part of it.

i was never a morning person - i still am not, but i can function if i have to. a regular sleep schedule does help but the more consistency there the better the results.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I changed DS8's alarms so one went off every minute for 10 minutes. 😁 He had his eyes open when I went upstairs to get him. That's better!

My kitten had second trip to the farm store and pet store. Things on wheels are still super-scary. He went to work with me yesterday 🥰 He is about halfway trained to walk on leash. Working on potty on leash. He knows Come and Sit. 😁

I painted the mural wall in my office. That was my biggest concern about getting ready. I need to update my online store with group classes, publish my schedule and advertise. No biggie?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS16 ran away from home on Tuesday. We were up looking for him until 2 a.m.! I filed a missing person report in the morning, then went to all the local places he frequents - because he stole cash and took a check so I thought he might go to the bank and spend money at his usual places. I told everyone to call the police if they saw him. Then I had to run an errand fir work. It took about a half hour. Someone saw him, tipped police and I got a call to pick him up just as I was returning. Oooof. The police officers were fantastic. DS16 decided to try to cooperate, so he has been doing homespun CBT and it's helping. IDK how long he'll behave good-enough? He's noticing people are nicer to him when he tries to manage his emotions/behaviors. His bio-dad invited him to stay overnight - first visitation since.... Christmas 2019??? Bio-dad had preemie twins - one with severe complications and severe developmental delay. So between that and COVID (and never having frequent visitation before), it's been a while... I'm happy for the break, tbh!