DEBT FREEDOM...how many see it as the first step to SS?

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
So, Pam, I'm surprised you would tell such a character that you make your own tp. I would only expect bad things from such a person. :p I sympathize, because I have a friend who leans in that direction.

Who knows. Maybe some day she will show up on your doorstep asking to borrow some of your homemade tp? :lol:
Borrowing TP? :sick I would not lend you any but I might give you some. :gig

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Maybe you should change the name of TP to TC for toilet cloth. I saw TP and thought paper.

Instead of cloth just get an outhouse and stock it with corn cobs and old catalogues.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Maybe you should change the name of TP to TC for toilet cloth. I saw TP and thought paper.

Instead of cloth just get an outhouse and stock it with corn cobs and old catalogues.
:yuckyuck

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out, while I consider the topic of debt and SS, where you PUT all those used TCs before laundry time?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
I'm just trying to figure out, while I consider the topic of debt and SS, where you PUT all those used TCs before laundry time?
I posted where I put mine.....I got a flip top lid container from Target. I think it was $6 or $7. I got the second to largest size they had.

me&thegals

Reaction score
I will have to seriously consider this. It would be just the thing to make my husband's family think I'd gone completely over the edge :) That alone would be worth the extra work!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Anything that makes the In-laws go HUH?? Is worth the effort!!

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
I will have to seriously consider this. It would be just the thing to make my husband's family think I'd gone completely over the edge :) That alone would be worth the extra work!
I'm sorry I had to laugh at this. (And, I really needed a good laugh.) But, why does a husband's family assume it's the wife that thinks up these crazy things? Why are we leading their sane son into a lifestyle that is "over the edge?"LOL When we moved from our new home into this old farmhouse, my DH's family thought we were moving down. If they could only see how happy their son is here.

As for sharing tp..........I don't know. In bad times, I'd have to really think about that. My family laughs because we have a large stash of tp. But, that's for a couple of reasons. One being that it's no fun to run out, especially when you don't live close to town. Two, I can't bare to pay full price for something that's used once and gone. I can only buy it on sale.......and it has to be a good sale at that. So, why can't everyone keep a well stocked tp pantry?LOL

me&thegals

Reaction score
If you knew how my husband's family lives, you would know instantly why they would know it's my idea :lol: On the other hand, they have no idea how far he has come over to this way of living! Wasn't there a thread floating around here once about that, something like "Whose Family Thinks You're Completely Crazy for SS Living"? If not, maybe I'll go start one!

The trick here is going to be keeping them from sabotaging our efforts with our kids...

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Anything that makes the In-laws go HUH?? Is worth the effort!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok... I have to ask:

Who's in-laws are wrong? Not mine. I'm totally guilty. It's always my idea.

Cassandra