December Dreaming

treerooted

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, my december dreaming is over. The ground is probably frozen down to the molten lava.
Time to hibernate for the month, but I will make a january thread for those that can actually do something garden related!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That sucks Bee. Sorry about your loss of seeds. :hit

Money lost, nothing more. You know Ben, Bay...he's a never ending source of entertainment of a sorts. :rolleyes: He needs a better job to have, like your Trip...he needs some hair sheeples. ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bee, I thought with this unusual cold weather we are having, that Trip would be on the front porch, snug in his bed. Nope. He is running at night, on full alert, like he always does. Even more so, because we have new lambs, he loves the lambs. Paris snugs up in her dog house, but explodes out of it if she hears something.

I wish you could have sheep again. Any way that you could talk your Mom into a few sheep?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, I thought with this unusual cold weather we are having, that Trip would be on the front porch, snug in his bed. Nope. He is running at night, on full alert, like he always does. Even more so, because we have new lambs, he loves the lambs. Paris snugs up in her dog house, but explodes out of it if she hears something.

I wish you could have sheep again. Any way that you could talk your Mom into a few sheep?

I almost did this summer! There were two Kat ewe lambs for a reasonable price and they were the colors I love best and, better still, they were in my area. I talked to Mom of it for a whole weekend and she agreed we should try it. When I got home I called the man to see if he still had them, then I told Mom that he did.

She didn't remember one moment of our previous conversations and said she just wasn't sure about getting them....so I didn't press the issue. If she can't even remember repeated conversations about them, just a mere day after we had them, it's probably not a good time for me to be getting sheep, you know?

I really, really wanted them but her mind is failing pretty fast these days and I don't want to take advantage of that or even be accused of taking advantage of it by my siblings.

Oh, that Trip sure did turn out to be a good dog, didn't he? He looks so much like Ben it ain't funny and I think they'd get along like peas in a pod. Ben doesn't really like being in a dog house much either and doesn't seem to feel this deep cold we are having at all.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am sorry that your mom's mind is leaving her. God bless you for being her caregiver. I know no one could care for her better than you. Yep, not the right time to get sheep. You will have them again someday.

Your Ben and my Trip sure did make good dogs, didn't they? I love my dogs!