Deceptive Site

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
seems to have slowed down again this morning (posts and responses have gotten slower to submit) - TEG seems ok at the moment (in comparison).

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks!

It's SUPER weird since the sister-sites are all hosted on the same server, same software, etc... so it's been tricky to find the cause.

We'll keep digging!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks!

It's SUPER weird since the sister-sites are all hosted on the same server, same software, etc... so it's been tricky to find the cause.

We'll keep digging!

my intuiting is that some database table is fragmented or an index may be either missing or fragmented, but that's my first stab at something like this (seeing where the tables/indexes fall in physical extents). note i haven't touched a large database in 20something years so i'm a bit out of date on the hosting/platform issues of nowaday cloud stuff if that is how you have it set up... good luck! :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When I add a smilie, the computer freezes in place. The cursor then moves to the first position of the psot. Often, if I try to move the cursor -- it won't move! -- then I get a msg bar at bottom saying a long script is running. When it freezes, you can even hit post and not get a reaction.

Could this have "anything" to do with the expanded choices - mostly rarely to be used, I might add. -- ?

When it finally comes back to life the typing doesn't show as normal. It stalls, then adds some of the letters typed...like it's catching up.

I believe it's computer dementia!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Often, if I try to move the cursor -- it won't move!
Mine too - I thought it was me, or my computer. Oftentimes If I refresh the page then I can move the cursor - but who wants to do that every time they want to change a sentence or correct a typo.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I add a smilie, the computer freezes in place. The cursor then moves to the first position of the psot. Often, if I try to move the cursor -- it won't move! -- then I get a msg bar at bottom saying a long script is running. When it freezes, you can even hit post and not get a reaction.

Could this have "anything" to do with the expanded choices - mostly rarely to be used, I might add. -- ?

When it finally comes back to life the typing doesn't show as normal. It stalls, then adds some of the letters typed...like it's catching up.

I believe it's computer dementia!!!!!!!!

i'm not having those kinds of problems, but perhaps it is because when the animation is going along in the top right when i click to do something i'm not doing anything else until that is finished. i just wait.

do you clean out your browser cache once in a while? and is this an older machine or device? i'm just curious. ignore me if that seems too personal. :)

Latest posts