Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
<threadjack>
HOLY COW BOYD IS ON SUFFICIENT SELF!
:weee
</threadjack>

That is all.
lol I've been lurking for over a year lol :)

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Greetings. This is my first post on this site.

Ive been reading this discussion and noticed sever comments about earthquakes and other natural disasters in third world countries and the reaction of the people there.

May I suggest that you think about what went on in New Orleans and how those folks reacted. That is a preview my friends of what happen when people arent prepared and are hungry. Im not just talking about the poor people. Im talking about people from every economic level.

Now if you will think about your family, friends and neighbors. How much food do they have in their house? You dont have to go and search their cabinets, you can guess. In most cases what they have on hand may feed them for a week, if they are lucky.

Will they react any differently than the folks in New Orleans? We all hope that society will remain civil, but I wouldnt bet on it. The plain truth is that when push comes to shove the individual will be more worried about providing for himself and his family rather than worrying about being civil.

Dont expect the police to protect you they will be on the hunt for supplies just like everyone else is. The only rules that will be obeyed are 9mm, 38, 357 and on and on.

I really hope that Im wrong. I hope that all of the efforts that we are putting into being prepared wont be needed, but its often best to be prepared for the worse case and hope for the best.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
philpatton said:
I really hope that Im wrong. I hope that all of the efforts that we are putting into being prepared wont be needed, but its often best to be prepared for the worse case and hope for the best.
First, I would like to welcome you to sufficientself.com ! :welcome

Then I would like to add these words to live by:

" 'Tis better to have and not need than to need and not have."

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm not a smoker, but I'm thinking about stockpiling cartons of cigarettes. Those would be more valuable that any denomination of currency if TSHTF. :lol:

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Hi,
:caf Sorry to interrupt. I have also been reading some of this discussion. ?What is TSHTF? If you don't mind my asking?