Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Last time I checked the calendar, it was June. So that means it's supposed to be fairly warm, if not down right hot! Well, it's not! In fact today was fairly cool, cloudy and breezy. I've been riding (motorcycles) w/a group from a local church on Tuesday evenings-except when I have a bird walk. I thought about not going, but I had left a message for my brother telling him that I was, and hoping he'd show up. So, I HAD to go.

It's a good thing I did. My brother did show up as well as 2 other guys. It wasn't raining, so we decided to go for it. We did get a bit of rain, but not much. Only problem being, by the time we stop riding, we were all cold! And, when we stop, it's for ice cream! I looked in vain for hot chocolate on their menu. No luck. So, I got the smallest cone I could. Before I left to come home though, I put more clothes on. And, I was STILL cold! Once I got home, I made my hot chocolate. I'm now sitting here relaxing and gulping it down. No little sips tonight! And, it's almost gone. :hit

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was beginning to wonder if March and June decided to switched places, just to mess with me :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm not sure what months have switched places! But, I'm STILL COLD! I'm ready to go crawl into bed so I can warm up!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today was NOT a good day. I'm finding that it's getting harder and harder for me to go to the farm. I just DON'T want to be there. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to get out of horses or chickens, it's everything else that goes on, and today was a classic example.

First I get there and there's a goat out. They had gotten out the other day, and had managed to get all but one in. I wouldn't have minded this one-except for one thing. It went in my tack shed and started to eat my horse treats. I really didn't feel like messing w/this goat, but I wanted to leave my door open so that meant getting the goat away. So, I got some feed so it would follow me to where it belonged. Plus, I wanted the feed to use to get the other goats away from the gate.

In order to put the goat away, I had to go across CL's field. I get almost all the way over, and the stupid sheep realizes that I have feed. So of course, he had to come over and get in the way. And, he just didn't want to take NO! for an answer. In order to get the goat where it needed to go, I had to go thru the RP. I decided to open the gate hoping I could get the goat in but not the sheep. Well, the electric wasn't put up right by the gate. So, I got a shock. The goat ran off, and I had to literally beat the sheep off. All I had was my belt. And, it's not that good a belt for beating a sheep-especially since he hasn't been shorn. I was finally able to get him to run off. Then, I took my belt, and put it around the neck of the goat. I managed to get shocked on the gate again! That is getting fixed this week.

Of course because of the stupid sheep, I no longer had any feed in the bucket. But, I was able to get the goat back where she belonged, put my belt back on and manged to get out thru the RP w/out getting another shock.

I needed to clean my field. Start up my mower, and realize that I need air in the one tire. So, I shut off the mower, and go and get my power pack. Pump up the tire and go to start the mower back up. It won't start. :barnie I try jumping it. No go. I let it sit and worked on something else. I could not get the mower to start. Hopefully it will start tomorrow.

I go and get Stormy to give him his 2nd feeding. Well, he couldn't wait for me to get the line down so he could get out. He tried to go over it and got hung up. So, now he's getting a shock. And, he wouldn't stop so I could get him loose. He managed to mess up the line as well as break 3 wire holders. And of course, now that the line was down, the whole herd got into the section I seeded. :he I didn't need everyone out in the parking area, so I quick shut the gate. I manged to get Stormy out, turned off the electric, and grabbed some tools and my lunge whip. It took a couple of minutes, but I managed to get the horses out. Now I had to fix the line. And, I had to find some parts. The horses didn't know the electric wasn't on, and w/it up basically where it belonged I started to work on it. In the mean time, the horses were running around in the other part of the field. They kept coming close to where I was working. They dumped their salt block and broke one of my step in posts. I finally got everything all done and put in a new post. When Stormy was done eating, I let Misty out w/him while I did some weeding around my tack shed. When I went to put the horses away, I put a halter on Stormy and led him in. For now, that's how he's getting in and out for his feeding.

All in all, it was not a good day. I got stuff done, but not as much as I should have. I so hope tomorrow is a better day.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yikes! Sounds like a day you'd like to scratch off the calendar and try to forget! :hugs

Maybe it's time for Mr. Sheep to meet an unfortunate demise ;)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Believe me, I wish!

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:hugs Boy I bet your glad yesterday is over........ hoping today will be a day less exciting....