Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Not sure. They keep changing where it's going to hit and when. And, I haven't checked TWC lately.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I just checked TWC. And, out of the 8 possible tracks, 5 of them practically go over my house! :barnie

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, you hang in there - literally! :) You ain't seen nothin' 'till you've experienced 100+mph winds!

Sending serious prayers and good wishes your way....Stay safe!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:idunno maybe? :lol: the down side is, it's pulling the cold northern air down across us. Brrrr.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm not far from Mrscoyote and she isn't kidding about the cold! But I'll take that over a major storm. Hope it turns out to be less severe than expected for you. Stay safe.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Right now, all we've had so far is a couple of showers and wind. Of course the wind had to pick up just as I was heading to the farm to put the tarp on the hay. :he Do you know how hard it it to put up a 20x30 ft tarp by yourself in the wind? It would have been much easier if I could find my ladder, but someone "borrowed" it and now I can't find it. :somad So instead, I was using my 2 step mounting block to get up high enough to scramble on top of a RB. Then I was able to throw a rope over the bales stacked higher and get the tarp tied down. I'm not sure how good it's tied, though. I thought I had a 75' rope in my truck but it wasn't there. :hit So, I'll take a rope out w/me when I go to do Stormy's 2nd feeding. Then, we're having a riding club meeting. Once that's done, I'll be able to come home and hide in my house-until tomorrow. No evening church service tonight due to the weather.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I got the tarp tied down better and it's a good thing I did. The rope I had used wasn't the greatest and it broke. So, I was able to secure it better. And just a FYI, if you lean a pallet up against a RB, you can use it for a ladder.

Of course, it started to rain lightly right about when I got there. And, I was in a rush so I didn't bother to put my rain gear on. So, I got a bit wet. KN actually helped me. I have one of those large muck style buckets in Stormy's stall. It's filled. I have a small bucket in Misty's stall. It's filled. (Since she only really needs it when she's eating, I figured she'd be fine w/that. And Honey and Licorice both have 2 5 gallon buckets in their stalls. I put all their afternoon hay in their stalls, so they don't have to go out in the rain unless they want to.