Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If hubby hadn't slowed down, there is no way we would have been able to avoid that car. I hadn't wanted to go home that way, but because it's better lit than the back way, we did. I'm getting more and more where I don't want to be out after dark.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
That was my thought too.

If we had been killed, I know where we would have spent eternity, but I don't know about the other person. I'm praying if they don't know the Lord that this will be a wake up call for them.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
OK, I have to give you a bit of background now.

B4 I ever started to drive, I was in at least 5 car accidents-including 4 in one year. As a result, I've never been a careless driver, and never took any chances. I've never had a speeding ticket, and the only ticket I've gotten for a moving violation, to this date, I'm not sure what it was for. (The only other ticket I've ever gotten was because my hubby forgot to renew the registration on my truck and I got stopped on my way to DMV to renew it. :he ) I'm not sure how many accidents I've been in. I've been rear ended at least 4 times and totaled a truck after swerving to avoid a car in my lane. I hydroplaned on the only patch of slush on the road, lost control and ended up running into a tree. My mom swears there's a target on any vehicle I get in. I've also had several near misses from people running stop signs, blowing yield signs, driving in my lane, etc.

In 1998, I was rear ended. And, while the damage to my car wasn't bad, I ended up needing 3 operations, and have physical problems to this date from that accident. I became more and more nervous about driving in traffic, but was pretty much able to get over it-until now. I had to go down the road we almost crashed on last night and found myself really tensing up. Then, I had my appointments today. Where I had to go, is a fairly busy area-especially at this time of the year. And, I was a nervous wreck. I also did some shopping in the area, so it was almost 8:00 by the time I got home. And, most of the way home, I had traffic on the road. I don't know how many times I thought a car was coming in my lane when it wasn't.

If y'all could remember me in prayer for this, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think what you're feeling is pretty normal given the circumstances. You deserve to be nervous - in fact, it's a good self-preservation instinct.

However, I understand that it s NOT a good way to feel. Definitely sending prayers. :)