Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I chased kids all day...wpulda traded with you..even would have tolerated the cat...maybe :hide :lol:

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry the food makes ya sick. :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yeah, but I wouldn't have traded w/you! Right now, I'm not up to running after kids! :lol:

And, I'm not sorry the food made me sick. I'm glad. Now I have a good excuse NOT to go there again. :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
OK, I think I need to get to bed. I'm getting the spins and don't want them tomorrow, so bed is a good place for me. Night, y'all.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm not feeling that great. I've been sitting here for a couple of hours trying to get up enough energy to get moving and it ain't happening. I think I'm going to go back to bed for so.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I finally got up and went to the farm. It was cold out there! I got everyone fed, and didn't want to do anything else-but take a nap. However, I decided I was going to try the weather stripping around the door. I got one section put up and tried to close the door. Great, just great, the door wouldn't close. So, I took it off. And, since i didn't mangle it all up, I decided to put some of it at the bottom of the door. Got it down, then tried the door. It shut. Tried the rest of the way. The door still shut. Then, I tried the top. It worked. But, I could still feel air. So, I decided to try putting the weather stripping next to the wood I had put up earlier. I got one side done, then turned on the heater. Got the other side done, and had to turn down the heater! Decided to take a nap and found that I didn't have to have my head under the blankets! And, when I got up, it was still warm! I didn't have to have my coat on in there for the first time all winter! Went out to give Stormy his 2nd feeding. When I came back in, the heater was out of propane. I knew there wasn't much in the container, but it was so nice to be warm for once.

RU had called earlier, she subs and had to go in today so she wanted me to throw some hay to a few horses she has in the barn. Got that done. Gave KN's horse her 2nd feeding and gave her some water. Got the chickens fed, cleaned the litter box and let Stormy loose. Went back in the shed, and it was STILL WARM!!!!!! Next year, since I'll finally have the shed all done, I shouldn't have any problem staying warm in the winter! So, the next lousy day we get, I'll be able to sit in there and work on my computer w/out freezing!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It is-as long as no one bothers me! :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today I had a feeling of deja vu. Last week at this time, we were bracing for a winter storm. So, I got done as much work at the farm as I could. Well, tomorrow we could get another winter storm-maybe the worst one this year! :th I have not been able to keep up on my field for the past couple of months. And I know that tomorrow, there's no way I'm going to be able to do any. So, I spent the afternoon working on cleaning my field. I had a TON of old hay that the horses hadn't eaten from that last RB. They had picked thru it, and gotten everything out of it they'd eat. So, between all that and the poop, it took me 3 cartloads, and I'm not sure how long. The mower wouldn't start at first, so I hooked it to the truck and let it sit for awhile. And, it started right up!

I still have some problems w/water coming into my shed. So, I took caulk, and went all the way around the bottom of the shed where it meets the floor. I also did some more caulking around the windows. I'm hoping there won't be any water in there tomorrow, or at least very little.

Last week, I filled the hay nets, and put them up. Well, the rain didn't get there as early as they said. So, this week, I got them filled, and put them in Honey's old stall. I'll be sticking them out tomorrow. I had hoped to get the water buckets filled, but didn't get to it. I'll have to do it in the morning.

Got home, and I was beat! So, I got animals fed, brought in some wood, got a fire going and am now sitting back and relaxing. I'm about ready for bed.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I guess you didn't have that one Powerball ticket, eh? :/