Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If the forecast is correct for today, we're going to get rain this afternoon, then the rest of the week is supposed to be nice. I have my appointments tomorrow, so that really limits what I can do at the farm. But I'm hoping that on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, we can start working on getting my new field ready. I've come up w/a plan that is, IMO, the best plan I've come up with. I'm anxious to get started on this. Friday I'm hoping to get BW out again, so that limits how much I'd be able to do then. I'd love to get my brother to help at least build the run in. He's a good carpenter.

I'm also hoping to start working a lot w/Stormy. Out of the 3 that I own, he's the only one that she could ride right now-provided I work w/him a bit. He hasn't been ridden really since my DD stopped riding. I got on him a couple of years ago because BW wanted to ride and he was so buddy sour, there was no way I could let her on! It took me awhile to get him to listen to me, so I know she couldn't have done it. She just doesn't have the experience. And I don't know how much time I'm going to have to work w/him this week. I have the farrier coming today, then it's supposed to rain. Tomorrow, CL has the vet coming in the morning. She can't take off work and this was the earliest the vet could come out. I had called her about her horse-he's having trouble seeing, but she didn't realize how bad he was until yesterday. So I told her I'd be there as long as the vet got there early enough. RU is going w/LF to get her a new horse, so she won't be around. Then Wednesday I have choir and Thursday is Bible study. At least we only have this week and next for choir. Then we're singing a cantata, and that will be the last we sing until fall.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm taking a break. That's new. It's raining out yet again, and I just don't feel like doing much of anything.

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think you deserve a break! I agree with hqueen13. You're a busy busy lady :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'll be glad when I no longer have as much to do. As much as I enjoy singing in the church choir, I'll be glad when we're done for the season. We're singing on Easter, and that's it for now. I haven't even been practicing the piano and clarinet that much lately. I just have too much to do.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been thinking about you a lot lately - I told DH that YOU clean out your horse pastures almost every day, so I need to get crackin' - cuz if YOU saw my babies pastures right now, you'd chew me right out! :lol:

Sometimes it's good to slow down and take a 'do nothing' day. I was told, by a wise woman before she passed, to never run around like a chicken with my head cut off; always make time to enjoy the little things. She said it's those little things that will warm your heart when you reach the end. Of course, if she saw my lazy backside these days, she'd probably take it all back :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Or take something to your backside! If I ever get everything caught up, or even close to it, I'd have a lot more free time.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I need to go back to making my to do list. I just don't get as much done w/out it. There's not the same sense of needing to do stuff w/out it. Plus I haven't been sleeping the greatest. But, I got a fairly decent night's sleep last night, so I hope I can get a ton done-especially since this is the last day hubby is working OT. In fact, he plans to take Thursday-Sunday off, so I don't know how much I'll actually get done those days. And I'm going to a friend's house (EH) for a couple of hours this afternoon, so that cuts down on what I'll get done. I would have rather gone one morning, but she needs a hand w/something B4 Friday, and I have stuff going on both today and tomorrow morning, so today is the only day I can help her. So, my list for today:

1. Clean out fridge
2. Take out trash and recyclables
3. Start more seeds
4. Clean kitchen
5. Practice piano and clarinet
6. Put away laundry
7. Iron shirts
8. Feed animals, put out hay
9. Go to choir
10. Help EH
11. Run a couple of errands
12. Feed Stormy, bag feed, take care of chickens
13. Clean field
14. Work in goat pen
15. Work on firewood
16. Do dishes
17. Make dinner
18. Repot some seedlings

It looks like a lot, but I'm hoping it's not as bad as it looks.

Jess172

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm with you on needing a list to get stuff done. I gotta have a list for everything. Errands,grocerys, to-do around the house. I'm a bit forgetful so it helps me stay on task plus I always feel so accomplished when checking things off my list. I gotta say that's a big list. Good thing you get up early :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to get everything done. But I'll do what I can.