Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's been crazy around here, period. Tuesday my Mom fell. She seemed OK at first, but my Dad ended up calling 911 when she couldn't walk to the bed at 9:00. She broke her hip.

I found out on Wednesday, so spent most of Wednesday at the hospital. We found out she had a problem w/one of her heart valves, which made an operation risky. But, w/out it, she would not have lasted long and would have been in constant pain.

On Thursday, she had a partial hip replacement. The ball broke, but not the socket and they couldn't repair it. She came thru the surgery fine. The operation was later in the day than expected, so she wasn't really doing much but sleeping by the time I left. Needless to say, I spent most of the day at the hospital then as well.

Friday morning I woke up w/the runs and vomiting. I could keep nothing down. It was either food poisoning or a stomach bug. My niece had the same symptoms. Hubby finally had to take me to the ER. I was so weak I couldn't even walk more than a few steps. And of course, the ER was full. We got there at around 5:30. By the time we left, it was almost 1:30. RU fed the horses for me, but that was basically it.

Yesterday morning hubby went w/me to the farm. He helped me get everyone fed and watered. The chickens had no food, some had no water, and the bunny had no food or water. But at least the chickens didn't eat their eggs.

My niece is getting married on Saturday. They had a shower for her last night. I went long enough to drop off both my gift and my mother's. My niece still looked pale. She's Asian Indian (adopted), so it was really noticeable. From there, I went to the farm, fed and went home.

Today, I went to the farm and fed. It is going to be bitterly cold tomorrow, so I got my field all cleaned up. It rained overnight, so I'm hoping I don't have ice in the field tomorrow. I will be taking ashes out w/me for just in case. Now I'm about ready to go back to sleep. Needless to say, since I'm on the computer at 11:41 am, I didn't go to church this morning. I wasn't going to take the chance on getting anyone else sick.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow. You've been attacked from all directions. Praying that you will heal and get rested up, that your Mom will heal from her surgery and her rehab will go well. As for healing time and outcome, IMO: better a partial replacement than pinning/plating.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Geeze, when it rains it pours! Sure sorry to hear about all the challenges. :hugs Hope you and your mom make a quick recovery.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thank you. My mom has been moved to a rehab! They had to pick 3, their first choice was one where my Dad has done a church service for over 50 years. Well, that's where she is. So, he didn't have to leave her when he did his service. I'm still not visiting for just in case.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh my, Deb! I hope everything settles back down and everybody is on the mend fast! That's a lot to deal with on top of this cold weather! Glad your hubby was able to help you out with the chores and things.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
How cold is it there? We got down to about 9* overnight and w/the wind, it feels even colder. Thank God, I have plenty of warm clothing! I was nice and warm while I fed this morning and cleaned the run-in out.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs Sorry to hear about all the troubles!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm feeling better, but still not 100%. I ate about half of the amount I normally eat for dinner, but that's more than I've had for a few days.