Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm beat! I wanted to get on this morning, but had internet problems. It's snowing right now, and is going to be bitterly cold tomorrow w/blowing and drifting snow. So, I spent as much time as I could getting ready. Other than dishes, I didn't do a think in the house. But, all the wood that I brought home yesterday has been put in either the basement or the woodshed. Everything that was too long has been cut to size, and everything that was too fat has been split.

I was able to get my field all cleaned today B4 leaving for Bible study. And, I also put out hay. After Bible study, we had choir practice. Once I got back to the farm, I gave Stormy his 2nd feeding, then filled and hung the hay nets, repositioned my tarps and tied them down better, picked up the manure the horses had put down and took care of the chickens. Since I wasn't sure that I'd be able to open the door into where I have the roosters, I caught them, and brought them home. Once home, I did some work to my green house, moved some stuff around in it, and the roosters are now in there. So that means, as soon as I have the time to do it, I can send them to freezer camp.

Hubby and I ran out to a couple of stores for a few things we needed and now I'm sitting back relaxing. I'm not looking forward to going out to the farm tomorrow, and will probably go later in the day. Hubby may not go to work tomorrow, so at least I'd be able to sleep in.

When I was in Wally World, I ran into a guy that attends the church that I used to attend. He's thinking of leaving as well, but isn't sure where to go. So, I invited him out to my church. I think they might enjoy it, so we'll see.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm so glad I got all the hay I did. I'm putting out extra because it's so cold out!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We got about 6" of snow, and it's cold out! I'm not leaving until they plow the road. And I'm not doing anything outside that I don't need to. So, I'm going to concentrate on the house. Only problem being, hubby didn't go to work so I'm going to be tripping over him all day. He'd better not get in my way.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
We probably got about the same here. Rumor has it that we've hit our high for the day already. My thermometer says 22.
Not fun!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think our high is in the low twenties today as well. Thank God we don't have any snow though!! Try to stay warm ladies!!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, hubby did shovel snow-but until he did, I was tripping over him. So I still have a ton to do. Right now, I'm thawing out. I can almost feel my toes, and my fingers aren't as stiff.

It was so cold out that I had to give the chickens water 2x today-it froze fairly quickly. I shoveled as much of the chicken pen as I could and piled some of it up along the north side of their house. That way, they can still go under, but the majority of the wind is now blocked. I did get 2 eggs!

Having the roosters in the green house is working for now-I gave them water this morning, and didn't have to give them any more! But I really hope that I'll be ale to take care of them this week. I don't really want them in their for too long.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It got down to -3* last night! :ep I could not tell you the last time it was that cold! Once it gets light out, I'll be checking the goats and roosters-though I did hear the roosters crowing this morning.

I have company coming over this afternoon for lunch, so I'll be busy this morning getting everything done I didn't finish yesterday. And since I'm making a casserole, that will help heat up the house. :D

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Whoa! My thermometer overnight says 8. Is not getting much Warner for a while either.