Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I am slowly but surely making progress in stuff I want to get done. I am redoing my chicken area. I hadn't been going to since I want to move. But, now I don't know when I'll be able to. I don't want to move out of the area while my Dad is still alive. And, my chicken houses are falling apart (I used the wrong wood), and the fencing is all pulled in. It's taking longer than I expected. When I went to put new legs on the first house, the whole thing fell over and came apart. So, I've basically been rebuilding it. I'm hoping it's done tomorrow. Then I can finish the pen for that area on Friday and start the next one next week.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm hanging in there. I'm trying to find time to visit my Dad weekly. But, since January, I've been getting sick a lot. Last week, I had a cold. I'm over it, so I stopped in to see my Dad on Tuesday-he wasn't home! And, I don't have time any other day this week to stop in. I didn't get the house finished, but should have it done tomorrow-I hope. It's going to get windy, so I may not be able to get the roof on once I finish building it and painting it. While I'm waiting for the paint to dry, I'll work on the pen.

Since it's going to get windy, I'll come home in the afternoon instead of spending the whole day at the farm. I want to get my peas in as well as some pansies, and put my starts in bigger containers.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Busy as always, yes! Hope you'll get to see your dad soon and get the house finished too.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Took me longer than expected. But, I got the house built and most of it painted! I ran out of paint. I had been planning to go home for lunch and plant some stuff since they're calling for rain tonight. I never made it. I didn't stop once I got there. And, I just barely had time to get stuff put away B4 it started to rain. But, I'm not complaining. We actually need the rain. I'm hoping and praying we get a good soaking. I'll do my planting tomorrow instead.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
You are as busy as I am! I'm glad things are doing ok though. I'm trying to balance the need for a little spring rain with not wanting to go back to a mud fest any time soon... And the hope that the rain comes gently enough and often enough to keep the pollen down.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Amen to that. They're calling for rain tomorrow. I plan on getting to the farm early so I can get as much done to the pen as I can. I can't believe how long this is taking. I'm hoping the other 2 pens won't take as long since I'll have a better idea as to what I'm doing.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I hope yall didn't get hit hard this weekend. We avoided the worst of it, too, thankfully!