Depression/Anxiety

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know a vitamin B complex is good for battling mental issues. What else? Help? I hate having this problem :/

:hide And no, I'm not exercising as often as I should, which I know helps, too

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I like herbals.More so herbs and food items I can get fresh.Pills as a last resort since you really don't know what is in the pill. Valerian and st. johns wort.

Try looking over here:

http://www.healthy.net/

I find the site is useful for alterantive health options.
Their depression page;

http://www.healthy.net/scr/condition.aspx?ConditionId=90

Long ago I looked into those pills for depression like prozac,zoloft,paxil.Takes a month for you to see any effects,and sometimes the side effects are worse than the cure.Works for some though,but I will stick to the herbs and kitchen remedies now if I have an issue.

Wishing you happy days!

For exercise simple walking is a start. I will walk around the yard to get my basic exercise if I don't feel like doing a workout dvd.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I also forgot to mention vitamin D. It has a strong effect on brain function as well. If you are low in vitamin D it is going to be hard to get anything else to help you. Do you have insurance? Can you get your level tested?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
And if it is a seasonal type thing--you need to get out and get sunshine. Or they have these SAD lights to help. (not usre of the effectiveness of them though) and this sorta goes in part with what wifey said. sunshine=vit d which is in fish oils.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AND you kinda answered your own question

if you KNOW that exercise does help ya.....then do it....LOL

get a small schedule set up for yourself and stick with it

better than any pill can give you! good luck

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
For me, the big things are B vitamin complex, substantial supplements of vit D, exercise, and invest some time doing things just because *I* want to (not because the kids need it or the husband wants it or the house has got to be cleaned/fixed).

The biggest thing for me tends to be getting off my butt to DO something about it when the clouds start to descend again.

Pat

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
I know a vitamin B complex is good for battling mental issues. What else? Help? I hate having this problem :/

:hide And no, I'm not exercising as often as I should, which I know helps, too
Fat helps. A lot!!

Fish oil with D is what I take. Plus a B complex. Plus all the fat I can get.

Lots of D. D is wonderful.

Sunbathing. Just sprawl outdoors as much as you can :)

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fresh air really really really helps me. I only get bad in the winter time, so it might not work as well for you, but natural sunlight as opposed to vitamin D supplements does wonders for my mood.

Latest posts