Depression/Anxiety

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Fermented Cod Liver Oil. Hands down.
And look into Adrenal Fatigue and possible gluten allergies.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't know when they're going to re-check my level, but I've been taking 5000 IU of D3 for the last 6 months b/c my D was low.

Thanks for suggesting the fish oil - I know it's good for my cholesterol too, but didn't realize it helped with brain beasties.

Y'all are awesome!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Laughter is good too :)

And adventures. Random pointless adventures that get you out of the house doing anything.

And throwing a complete and total tantrum.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
Don't know when they're going to re-check my level, but I've been taking 5000 IU of D3 for the last 6 months b/c my D was low.

Thanks for suggesting the fish oil - I know it's good for my cholesterol too, but didn't realize it helped with brain beasties.

Y'all are awesome!
Its not fish oil that you can buy at the market. That stuff is processed and very unbalanced.
www.drrons.com

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
St Johnswort can curdle dairy. Heh. Do not take with milk.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to take medication. I would not be alive if it were not for psychiatric medications. I have not had any results with diets - even extreme diets and heavy vitamin/mineral supplementation.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That too. I'm anti-med because of over prescription but there are times it is necessary.

It all depends on why you get the depression :) If it's just lack of sun, typical seasonal stuff, easy to get around with supplements, sun lights, exercise...

If it's situational, all of the above plus possible therapy to get through it.

And sometimes it's just more brain cooties than a brain can handle. LOL.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
abifae said:
It all depends on why you get the depression :) If it's just lack of sun, typical seasonal stuff, easy to get around with supplements, sun lights, exercise...

If it's situational, all of the above plus possible therapy to get through it.

And sometimes it's just more brain cooties than a brain can handle. LOL.
Thanks Abi - I wasn't sure how to say that. I think there are sometimes when people SHOULD be depressed. Where diet, exercise, relaxation, daylight will help. There are health problems (celiac, thyroid) that can cause depression. Mindfullness, meditation, and CBT can help anxiety.

If those things don't help (when done consistently over a period of time), then it's time to pursue medication.