Dermatitis

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know this is a slightly older thread, but when I was having radiation treatments for breast cancer they gave me tubes of Calendula Lotion to use to help with the skin damage caused by the radiation. The treatment center GAVE it to me free because there isn't anywhere in town that sells it and they like that it is a natural healing treatment. The active ingredient in Calendula Cream is - get this - calendula flowers.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom's been drying and saving her flowers for me for a couple months. I'll be getting them this weekend and have ointments made up to take down when I go to Thanksgiving.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Calendula is such a useful plant! It's pretty, it makes a very good natural insecticide and helps to clean up the soil- it's particularly good at helping soil that has the heavy metal cadmium, it has medicinal benefits both external and internal, the leaves are edible (though not that tasty- save them and the dried flowers you don't use for the chicken during the winter) AND it's a cheap substitute for saffron! Why isn't it in every garden?

Latest posts