Design a 30-day SS challenge

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can have your will recorded at the courthouse. It becomes public knowledge, but chances are nobody would go look it up anyway. But if the “will” disappears due to family discord that sometimes goes on, it would already be recorded for retrieval.
I have just recently been doing all of the "death" stuff.

Up here if you file your will with the courthouse, it is NOT accessible to the public until after your death.

Other stuff I found:

If you file a living will at the local hospital, they put it into their electronic records. They suggested i make a homemade hospital card to put in my wallet that says my living will is filed with them. Then if something happens to me in a different town and the hospital is contacted, they can send the other hospital the living will.

It has been awhile since my church has had a "death supplies" box. So I have been restocking all of the needed stuff.

I am almost done gathering all supplies... then I will have to figure out a bag to carry it all in.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have just recently been doing all of the "death" stuff.

Up here if you file your will with the courthouse, it is NOT accessible to the public until after your death.

Other stuff I found:

If you file a living will at the local hospital, they put it into their electronic records. They suggested i make a homemade hospital card to put in my wallet that says my living will is filed with them. Then if something happens to me in a different town and the hospital is contacted, they can send the other hospital the living will.

It has been awhile since my church has had a "death supplies" box. So I have been restocking all of the needed stuff.

I am almost done gathering all supplies... then I will have to figure out a bag to carry it all in.
our hospitals do the same thing, I have one on file from my surgery this past spring

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our state doesn't make it too easy to get a DNR (Do Not Revive) order. so far i think it needs a doctor's writ, but what if you don't want to see a doctor? *grump* i'll have to look into it more and push things along somehow.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i wish we were closer.
Thanks for the thought, I appreciate it. Taking a pickup and back seat load tomorrow. Neighbor going with me to help jack up and block a portable building so I can empty another portable building that is staying with the farm.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
our state doesn't make it too easy to get a DNR (Do Not Revive) order. so far i think it needs a doctor's writ, but what if you don't want to see a doctor? *grump* i'll have to look into it more and push things along somehow.
Interesting that your state has issues with it.

I would think that would be a straightforward thing.

Just on the living will say what you want.

:idunno

Maybe you can just stop by the hospital and get that kind of paperwork done there with the secretary at the front desk.

That is what I did with my living will. They have someone on staff that is a notary. So it was notarized and then filed.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, and mine has a "tipping point" after which I am DNR.

They didn't have an issue.

we already have the living will done and filed many years ago. we're just trying to cover the cases where she might be out driving and have something happen and end up in the hospital where they don't know her wishes and where they won't be able to get me right away.