DH GOT A BUCK!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yesterday was the first day....DH shot at a buck, but he only grazed it and it got away. Darn!

Today is day 2, he is out there now, and I said don't come home without one LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12/07/08

Yesterday DH got a spike buck. Nothing to brag about rack wise, but it's MEAT! I am going to have a freezer full of venison and I am so happy about that!
We are processing it ourselves which I am especially happy about! We will be sure to have the cuts WE want this way.
Oh and we are going to try making our own venison burger as we found a meat grinder at a yardsale this year!!

WOOT!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I told my kids this once and they said it took all the fun out of hunting for them! :D I was quite serious! :pop

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
UGH on grazing one and it got away. I know how horrible that is....Tony knows he shot one and lost tracking it...he tried so hard and long but he lost it in a cattle pasture...UGH

I know he will get one for you! :)

Tony is sick now. Yup, Nicole and I are almost healthy and now Tony is going downhill....he did want to hunt this morning but he has a raging headache and sicky on tummy so he blew it off. I don't know if I will be getting a deer this season :th

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
No deer yet.

He is quite frustrated with his dad, though. His dad keeps insisting on going with him, but he won't quit yakking his jaw. Or he won't sit still. Or he lights up a cigar.

DH said his dad started complaining about not seeing anything. Dh replied, it's like when I was a kid and you were teaching me to hunt. You said we have to be patient, and be at the right place at the right time.

FIL called DH a Smart A__ for his comment. FIL then complained he was cold and since HE drove, DH had to come in when FIL did.

DH said tomorrow he is going out before FIL shows up because hunting with his dad is useless. lol

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Yesterday was the first day....DH shot at a buck, but he only grazed it and it got away. Darn!

Today is day 2, he is out there now, and I said don't come home without one LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
12/07/08

Yesterday DH got a spike buck. Nothing to brag about rack wise, but it's MEAT! I am going to have a freezer full of venison and I am so happy about that!
We are processing it ourselves which I am especially happy about! We will be sure to have the cuts WE want this way.
Oh and we are going to try making our own venison burger as we
found a meat grinder at a yardsale this year!!

WOOT!!!!
Where are the pics? :p

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Congrats to your DH on getting the deer!!! Since you are processing it yourselves are you going to tan the hide???

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
To be completely honest, I don't touch anything on the deer until it's time to cook the meat!

No hide tanning here. I have no clue how to do it and I wouldn't chew that if you paid me, Indian heritage or not! :p