DH was on the Science Channellast night! Watch for repeats!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We watched the show last night and had a blast. It was interesting, DH and kids did a great job of designing and constructing the hovercraft and the naked guy at the end was sadly hilarious!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I watched and would say he could safely show up at school :D

Did Ben do any damage to the tube or boat when he smacked the dock? I was waiting for them to pan over and show that side, but they never did.

I wish they'd spent more time showing your husband explaining how it worked - I was trying to figure out how something that looks like an Everglades air boat gets vertical lift :/.

It was cool to watch a show in which I 'knew' somebody!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
No clue, Abi!!
The superintendent of schools dropped by DH's classroom to give him a pat on the back. Apparently he wasn't concerned about bleeps at the end of the crash scene...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I can share other videos he's done if I can get them onto the computer.... he does a really good job explaining how crafts work. The craft is mainly built from plywood and styrofoam. The part that made contact was foam and was only dented a bit. It was fixed within a day or two.

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was an interesting show, probably record other eps and watch it.
Loved your husband's hovercraft and wish we had classes like that at our local school.

But what funny accents

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Toulle said:
Loved your husband's hovercraft and wish we had classes like that at our local school.

But what funny accents
:lol: Do you mean the LongIsland guys? DH and student are from CT so they don't have the same accent. Ben was just super nervous the whole time. Hard to believe the school he used teach in was ready to cut his program when there was a waiting list to get into it. When he resigned they cut his position altogether. Kids were not happy....

Toulle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Toulle said:

But what funny accents
:lol: Do you mean the LongIsland guys? DH and student are from CT so they don't have the same accent. Ben was just super nervous the whole time. Hard to believe the school he used teach in was ready to cut his program when there was a waiting list to get into it. When he resigned they cut his position altogether. Kids were not happy....
Is that what that was - a Long Island accent?
I did notice your DH & his student didn't have it. Student seemed very nervous

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Toulle said:
Henrietta23 said:
Toulle said:

But what funny accents
Yup, that was a LongIsland (that's one word when they say it) accent!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Toulle said:
Henrietta23 said:
Yup, that was a LongIsland (that's one word when they say it) accent!
Or it is pronounced, Long guy land. :lol: Kinda run it together like.