Different hue eggs =different chicken?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask. I have a feeling that I will have some extra roos as they aren't as popular. They are about teenagers now, hatched on May 22.

I also wanted an excuse to drive to OR, I hear it just sooo beautiful!

Some of my coworkers enjoyed getting fresh eggs, but others would be like "didn't that come out of it's b*tt?" HELLO!!! That question came from a lady!! :smack

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
When someone asks the 'don't you need a rooster' question I tell them that chickens are just like women, we drop eggs regularly whether there is a man around or not :lol: That usually get's them!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
When someone asks the 'don't you need a rooster' question I tell them that chickens are just like women, we drop eggs regularly whether there is a man around or not :lol: That usually get's them!
LOVE IT!! :lol:

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BBH, no reason at all we can't arrange a visit to Oregon sometime :D. I am really just sooo tempted by your offer, but we have a couple of trips planned in the next several months, and in between my DH's sister and her DH will be here from Germany. And sometime before I can get new birds I'll need to build another coop, for the obligitory quarantine time. I just can't manage that this year. But come Spring I definitely want to get another cockerel (my original roo, and my sweet EE both were victims of my neighbour's dog - though we didn't realize who the perpetrator was at first in the case of the roo. Now that we know, the neighbour and I have worked out a schedule for when the girls can be out, when the dog isn't :D. Good neighbours are wonderful), and one, or maybe two pullets.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dace said:
That is my response as well, and one that is immediately understood :D

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Dace said:
Yep, I've been saying the same thing, it's usually good for a wide eyed look and then a giggle as light dawns. :gig

Latest posts