Different Strokes for Different Folks - What weird food do you like?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against to eating horse meat. I am not against horse slaughter. I AM against shipping them to Mexico where the slaughter is highly unregulated. I wish they would bring it back to the states and conduct it in a more humane manner. Regardless, no old senior of mine will ever go to a sale barn. They served me well, they get to retire and live out their lives.......unless SHTF then they might start looking mighty good...... BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wouldn't be against to eating horse meat. I am not against horse slaughter. I AM against shipping them to Mexico where the slaughter is highly unregulated. I wish they would bring it back to the states and conduct it in a more humane manner. Regardless, no old senior of mine will ever go to a sale barn. They served me well, they get to retire and live out their lives.......unless SHTF then they might start looking mighty good...... BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

i agree with you there. it makes no sense to ship that much food around when it could be handled more closely. i've never knowingly had horse, but i would try it.

as it is for many other animals i find it a shame that they are wasted instead of used. if you are appreciative, caring and not spreading diseases i see no reason to waste anything the earth has provided.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Life is only possible through death. This planet is a "closed system" where everything that lives has to feed on something else. As long as it is done with reverence and thankfulness, I've never understood why eating an animal is somehow worse than eating a plant. Both were alive and neither wanted to die, but they had to in order for something else to live.