Dinner

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You don't have any snow on the ground?!?! I didn't think you were that far south.

Of course, I have only lived in snow country, so as far as I know, everyone has snow for 3 months of the year, lol.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Unless they have it for 6. We usually get snow cover in early Nov. and it doesn't leave till mid April. Sometimes, the snow goes into May.

DelcoMama82

Power Conserver
Reaction score
You don't have any snow on the ground?!?! I didn't think you were that far south.

Of course, I have only lived in snow country, so as far as I know, everyone has snow for 3 months of the year, lol.
Nope. No snow here ⛄️ 😪

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are usually just wet, not snowed in. We're at 47°N. It's the Pacific and Puget Sound that moderate our winter temperatures.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I thought @CrealCritter was in southern Illinois, and I just surprised that he didn't have snow down there as he was posting pictures of deer out in the field. We have well over a foot of snow out in the fields and that will be there until late April.

I now live at LAT: 44.82. I grew up just north of here at LAT: 45.28
There is a difference in the seasons between living just north of the 45th Parallel and just south of the 45th Parallel. Until I moved here, I would not have guessed that I would notice that change between a Zone 3 and Zone 4a growing season.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dark winters north of 45° as well. We are at right about 8 hours of daylight at winter solstice. I can't even imagine dealing with all the dark up in Alaska. Though I think the summer light would actually get to me worse. I have to use a sleep mask here.