Disaster Planning Tips for Pets, Livestock and Wildlife

Windyhillfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I thought the article was informative, and as it didn't ask me for any information for the HSUS, so not worried about any infiltration here. I look at them as a necessary evil since not all people can be trusted to take care of their animals and/or animals don't always have somebody around to be their voice.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow when it said take care of wildlife my mind skipped right to... sure I will.. eating them so that they don't die by cruel and long starvation.:drool. But that is not what they meant!:hide

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Mod Edit - deleted. PM sent.

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have 2 horses and now 2 chickens. In Oklahoma this summer, you may have heard about the wildfires. Well one was about 1/2 mile from our house, and I had to decide what to do if it jumped the tree line. Do I let him go(just had the one then) and pray he doesn't get trapped in a fence, or leave all my possessions behind and hope my husband gets what he can and ride him out, and then what? So having a real plan before your in those situations makes a big difference. I personally didn't find the article very informative, but im sure many people can benefit from it. And though I didn't get any info for me, it does bring it back to the forefront of my thoughts and so I now will be making plans for leaving, fire, tornado, winter storms. Oh and if you were wondering, the fire near us got put out, but I was up till the wee hours of the morning,fearing sleeping! We had some bags packed, so if it did jump we could leave quickly, so we were fine.

Latest posts