Discovery of the Habitat ReStore

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Our restore is a mix. Half the stuff is way over priced. The other half is a screaming deal.

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Our's is not bad, wish I got to go more often. I bought a bunch of used welded wire fencing for $5. The same amount new would have cost $30. They had a lot building material, but not was I was looking for on my project. The prices for good windows ranged from $5 to $300 each depending on the size and quality.

They also had some good re-mixed paint and lots of cabinetry. If i were doing a finished basement or garage/shop I could have gone wild with storage for less than $200. Try and see how far that would get you at a big retail place.

Dreaming of Chickens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have one near me. In fact it is on my way to work. We also have a similar place called The Green Project. It's been a while since I have been to either one, but the Habitat Restore, now it's been a while, but I remember my hubby saying we could get some of the stuff new at those prices. I'd like to go back though and see if things have changed. The Green Project, eh... they are OK on their prices. Better than new retail prices, but not as thrifty as you'd think. I think it is time for a revisit on both of them.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Boogity said:
hoosier said:
Boogity - Do you know what the hours are and the location? It sounds like a great excuse to go to Cincy and also stop in at Jungle Jim's.
No. I'm sorry but I don't have a clue.
Speaking of Jungle Jim's, my wife had a wood burning stove shop directly across the street from there. She owned the store from 1985 through 1999. It was named The Fire Place. She sold wood, gas, and pellet stoves, fireplaces, BBQ grills, mantles, and tons of hearth accessories. I helped on weekends and I was in charge of the two installation crews. She liked the business and I hated it. We sold it to some folks from Holland, MI in '99 and I have not been back in there since. I heard rumors that they went out of business a few years ago.
Last time I was at Jungle Jim's, that store looked like it was closed down. And my BIL remodeled their kitchen with stuff from the Cinci Restore. Said he saved a ton of money, so we're planning on visiting there when we build our house.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I loved it when ours was open to the public. But they no longer are. Only contractors are able to go in and purchase stuff.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our ReStore is the bomb. It's truly a thrift store for home improvement- most of it is a real bargain, but some of it is really (to steal from WZ) a screaming deal.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got a plastic bath tub two years ago for the ducks at the one here for 10.00.... Used the heck out of it for the ducks.. Hubby got rid of it last week because he was afraid the chickens would jump in and drowned... sure did enjoy using the duck water for the garden.. Still have the kiddy pool though..

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We went to an estate sale this afternoon and I purchased a 9 x13 pan for 2.00, and angel food cake pan for 5.00 , also a cheese cake pan for 5.00 plus a trowel with wooden handle for 1.00.. I've been looking for an angel food cake pan and a cheese cake pan for ages... I have my mom's or my grandmas 9 x 13 pan which is getting old.. had several others of theirs but used them so much the got holes in them.. Tickled to have a second one..

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love, love, love my ReStore. The salespeople at my store will bargain with you - if you ask. Got a whole house humidifier for $5.00, a brand new looking Sears microwave with every button you could ever want for $10.00. Big bathroom window - dual pane with nice frame for $6.00 for my chicken coop. Also doorknobs, hinges, paint etc. But try making them a lower offer next time, they may take you up on it! :)
There's A used industrial floor cleaner/polisher I have my eye on for my wood flooring...I'm just gonna let it stay there for awhile and then make them an offer....