Disney+ slaps content warning for 'outdated cultural depictions' on classic animated movies

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
so apparently if you look like you are of European descent (and straight), you don't deserve a "happily ever after"

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
so apparently if you look like you are of European descent (and straight), you don't deserve a "happily ever after"

My absolute favorite Christmas movie is, it's a wonderful life in black and white of course. Get's me in the Christmas Spirit every year. My wife knows it, we watch it as an entire family every year.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They were thinking that Song of the South could get them sued if they didn't. They haven't allowed it out of the Vault in decades. I remember watching it on the bi-monthly Wonderful World of Disney that the local channel played on Sundays when I was very little.

There are a few other questionable things. Stuff that actually was questionable even at the time frame the movies were made. I personally think their appalling treatment of animals on sets in the past horrible. That stupid lemming myth about jumping off cliffs is their fault for throwing the critters off. Don't get me started on Charlie the Lonesome Cougar. Even as a little kid I questioned some of that.