"Ditzy Goat CHEESE Recipes" Samssimonsays/Blazing Acres

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thank you! Gosh, that sounds good… I need to do some ingredient shopping and find some decent milk...

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. Soap is something I have to be careful with too, very sensitive.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How do you make instant cheese? I love cheeses

Bring milk to a froth, remove from heat, add in 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar per gallon and stir. Once whey separates, strain into a colander lined with cheese cloth and add in herbs and salt to taste. gently press (you will have to play around with what you like for dryness or how moist) and ready to serve.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've made cheese, mostly we make soap. Although I would LOVE to try your recipes you've been using because they always look amazing!

I love goat milk soap. When I stayed at a B & B a few years ago they had bars of it in the room and also sold bars. It was so nice on the skin. My skin is delicate and it felt so good.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I see you live up north. I live around Houston, TX. Will the temperatures matter in making cheese?

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I see you live up north. I live around Houston, TX. Will the temperatures matter in making cheese?
I make all of mine in the house so I doubt it will. I compiled these recipes from all over the interwebs so there is no rhyme nor reason behind which ones I chose aside from moldy cheese, I left those out but I can certainly find some to share:sick :hide

The funny thing is, I don't even like cheese.... :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do make cheese - but I make "instant" cheese that goes straight to the refrigerator. Mine doesn't have to be stored at any certain temperatures for any amount of time, so I might save those for cooler weather.