1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Solutions for a pecker - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Do you/can you freeze biscuit dough?

Discussion in 'Homemade Products' started by punkin, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Oct 15, 2016
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

I used to triple my dinner roll recipe. I'd grease a cookie sheet and put the rolls on it to freeze. After they froze, I put them in a ziplock bag. I'd take them out, place on a greased pan, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let thaw/rise, then bake.

I can't see why it wouldn't work for biscuits.

2. Oct 15, 2016
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

I never think to do stuff like that. I should, I make rolls all the time! Speaking of which... It's been a while... Now I'm craving rolls!

3. Oct 17, 2016
    lcertuche

lcertuche Almost Self-Reliant

My husband will buy frozen biscuits once in awhile but really it just takes a few minutes to whip up a batch. I keep all my baking goods where I can grab them. I stir up like drop biscuits, drop by the ice cream scoop on a greased cookie sheet, spray with oil and pat to about 1/2 inch thick.

I use to work at a fast food place and this is how they made biscuits. I make a cookie sheet (about 3 batches) as a time and will have a few leftover for later snacking. That's a lot of biscuits but did I mention I have 2 teenage boys and one 12 year old!

frustratedearthmother likes this.