Do you have a "can't believe I never thought of this" idea?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Good idea, enjoy the ride!

In the summer I usually let that water cool down and then water my ornamental plants with it. :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Have to second the boiling-water-on-weeds idea -- all the canning I've done this year (a lot more canned apple products than usual) has done a terrific job getting rid of the weeds in the gravel driveway, LOL

(Just don't dump a canner full o' boiling water while wearing sandals, ask me how I know)

Pat

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
coopy said:
The apple seeds aren't going to hurt the horses. (I wouldn't feed them a bushel of them.) You'd have to have alot of apple seeds. Because the horses are so large. Don't give the seeds and cores to your chickens it will kill them.
Yep - I just throw the whole dang apple over the fence. :gig

My horse would see me heading to the apple tree and start nickering.... while there were apples on the tree, I threw over 5 or 6 a day for the horse and goat.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
We have the neighbor's horses pavloved. Between myself and my husband, whenever we leave the house, now they think we are going to bring them a few apples.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pouring boiling water into antholes kills them too! I used to do the weeds in the driveway and sidewalk. On our ranch, by the time I got to the weeds in the gravel surrounding the house, the water would be cold. DH and I just pull them as we walk by.

The car dehyderater idea is great! DH said to use the wagoneer the needs fixing. I don't like that idea because it has spiders in it and is not close to the house and I am afraid it would attract critters. I think he is afraid that if I put them in the durango that sits almost all week long it will smell of whatever I have in there.

Monica