Do you have name brands you are loyal to?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Heinz ketchup

Can't really think of other products that I HAVE to have the specific brand...I shop sales :)

Oh I am a Coors Light girl :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Another vote for Heinz here. I switched from their regular ketchup to their reduced sugar ketchup and that is as delicious as the original.

I will also pay extra to get Daisy brand cottage cheese and sour cream. Why? Read the label sometime. NO ADDED FILLERS. :D

ByHisGrace

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This is my first post! :D And from reading your posts, I already love you guys and gals!

I used to be loyal to lots of brands... in fact I wasted a LOT of money because I thought that was the only way to go. I used Heinz ketchup, Jif peanut butter, Ritz crackers, Kraft dressing, I could go on and on. Then I had financial reason to swallow my "pride" and try the dreaded store brands. Now I am a faithful Aldi shopper, though there are certain products that I prefer to buy Kroger brand. If I had the luxury of a Sam's card again, I still think Jif is the best peanut butter and wouldn't mind paying Sam's Club prices for it. But life has humbled me a bit, and I must say that I truly haven't suffered because of it. I am learning from many of your posts here that there are so many alternatives to commercial products, and that is exciting to me. I love the ss lifestyle for many reasons, and I look forward to learning from ya'll how I can become more ss!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Welcome home, ByHisGrace! :welcome Good to have you and we hope we can pick your brains for ideas as well! :D :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I don't really think we are loyal to any brand because, even though there are a few I buy consistantly due to personal preference in taste I will change in a heartbeat if I find something cheaper with the same or close to the same taste. And I am constantly buying different cheaper brands to try. If we don't like them I just move on to the next thing or go back to the old.

Two things I have not found replacements for are - Nabisco Saltines and Campbells tomato soup. But I will keep looking and if I find them - those two will be out of here too.

Oh - and welcome ByHisGrace - great to have you here.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I will only buy milk from the local (well ok regional) milk store, Kawartha Dairies.

I mostly only buy electric fencing (tape, rope, etc) from Premier, because I think they carry excellent quality *and* because they perpetually develop and import wonderful new products and should be encouraged :)

I will also confess to being strangely stuck on Pace Chunky-style Salsa (medium, and I add vinegar and a little sugar before using :p) and on Presidents Choice brand dark chocolate bars with almonds (for Canadians I highly recommend this as absolutely the BEST chocolate for the price). But there it's more the products I'm loyal to rather than the brand in general, if you know what I mean?

There are some brands I am ANTI-loyal to. For instance, after a variety of experiences with Sears that I will not detail here for the sake of my ongoing mental stability, they are not getting one more penny of my money or second of my time, NO MATTER WHAT, EVER.

Frankly enough of the non food stuff I buy comes from thrift stores that you can't really BE hung up on a particular brand :p

Pat

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ghirardelli choc chips
Kashi products--all of them!

Otherwise, whatever is cheapest, looks freshest or just jumps into my cart on that particular day.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My absolute favorite brand of pancake mix is Snoqualmie Falls Pancake & Waffle mix. I have relatives that come to visit from Washington State bring me 5 bags at a time (which lasts for a year at our house) I am sure the airport people think they are crazy with it in their suitcase.
Campbells cream of mushroom/chicken, I do not use a lot, but for some reason the store brands have an off flavor to me (I purchased a case last month for .60 a can on sale)
Pepsi products only for hubby
I usually buy Tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese if its on sale.
I am sure I will think of more.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone make their own ketchup, their own mayonnaise, their own dressings?

just wondering