Do you put sugar in your spaghetti sauce?

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Seriously... I am getting more obsessed about it as the day goes on. All the brought on because I had leftover spaghetti & meatsauce for lunch.

Please answer the Poll on my blog to let me know if you put sugar in your spaghetti sauce.

http://thinkersrock.blogspot.com/

And while you are at it, you can add your favorite spaghetti sauce recipe here in this thread if you want to. :)

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I voted
I do not use sugar if homemade but don't care if it is in there if I eat spaghetti sauce from a jar or something.

I too am getting very cautious of how I eat. I hate additive type things. Back to true basics for me (with occasional munching on junk..HA HA)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I voted yes because when I used to use jarred sauce I always tossed in a teaspoon of sugar to cut the acidity. Not sure where I learned that trick. I make my own sauce whenever possible now with canned organic tomatoes.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Yes, as Henrietta23 said, to cut acidity. I couldn't tell you if it actually makes a difference, it's just the way that I was taught to make it.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm I've never heard of that :lol:

I'm too lazy to make my own - I use store bought for the most part - gotta love Newmans own.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I often do put a pinch of sugar in, but only a little bit. I can't really explain why it helps but to me it does seem to <shrug>

Pat

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I usually put a shredded carrot in my tomato sauce instead of sugar.