doc_gonzo's man cave

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
alllllll right fellas lets goooooooooo (ala the sweet 1975)

i love hand rolled cigars, a couple of fingers of great kentucky bourbon, and 1344cc of finely tuned harley davidson motor between my knees. not nessarily all at the same time since i don't drink and drive, and it's darn hard to smoke a gar on a bike... but it seems that mostly broads post over here, maybe this could be the micro cosim where the boyz could talk about their latest tool aquisition, cigar choices, yummy booze choices, latest moification to their rides. guns and ammo and more guns an ammo, you can never have too much!

i'll get it started, i just ordered a box of bolivar coronas juniors, great cubanos, wintertime smoke short so your not freezin your butt off but so tasty you dont even notice your freezin your butt off. i'd rather have the belicoso but thats a much longer smoke. oh embargo worries, pm me and i'll tell you how to get around that. paired that with the kraken rum omg blast the top of your head off good. more than a couple of fingers will make you stupid.

lil mama enjoys cigars as well, flavoured and drew estates, but premium cigars all the same, but not so much the really good cuban and nicuragian blends, oh well. smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

help me out here cool car or bike modifications, guns and ammo, common gear heads and shooters work with work with
me here

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
377457_1_2014_Indian_Chief_Classic_Indian_Motorcycle_Red_2.jpg

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In honor of Barred Buff’s return to SS — plus the kinda late arrival of spring here on our place — I’m bumping the man cave thread. My own shop situation is depicted on the first page of this thread — except that now, it’s quite a bit better organized (and may be tidier, if I’ve finished a couple recent projects).

I thought I’d bump by presenting a real interesting Youtube vid this guy made about the “container” shop he designed and built for himself (with a little work space for his son). It’s got some uber-nifty features, that’s for sure.

CrealCritter… I wasn’t able to coax you into showing your shop before. You said it was too sawdusty (as if anybody here is hincty or squeamish about that). But I welcome you again.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I posted these before on another thread. But these are two of my "man cave" areas...

Basement mechanics, pumber, carpentry & handyman tools.
4407_basement_shop_1.jpg

Back of converted barn (welding & metalwork tool area).
4407_metal_shop_1.jpg

Look forward to seeing other men's caves.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Isn't a "man cave" supposed to have recliners, TV's, and a fridge?
I think what you have is just a tool "playground".
For your info, I'm a chick but I'm allowed into my Uncle's man cave seeing how it's also the tool storage! I do lots of work around here so I have to access his area. You could say " I was a Jacklin of all trades and Master of none". The only tools of his I don't mess around with are chainsaws, blade sharpener, and welder.
Maybe you're right... i just posted in this "man cave" thread because my shop areas were the closest thing(s) I had to what the thread-starter posted about. But "playground" isn't quite right either, cause most of the time I'm doing something practical and needed, often something that saves us money. But in a way I can think of a lot of that as "play" because usually, if I'm not under time pressure, I enjoy doing these things.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just remember, some of us ladies also ride. (Speaks up the proud owner of a 2005 Buell Blast.)

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig Too cute. I like a good cuban, with my shot of Absolut...neat. No ice....no chasers...room temp.

I also would love to have a bike, just not gonna happen in this lifetime. I have tools....power tools....that DH loves to borrow and play with. He claims some of mine are nicer than his.. :plbb
I learned auto mechanics...taught by my father-in-law.....back in 79. May he RIP. He was a 35 yr Army/Air Corp motor pool retired mechanic. I was the only son he never had. His 5 sons, hated auto mechanics.
DH ....(new man, I had to recycle the previous one), has his woodshop/man cave......(I keep my tools out there), and I have my own cave....but it is working on turning into a sewing shop.....to earn some $$$.

Okay...I'll shaddup now :hide

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1994 FXDL stock, a few leather bags and still starts. Single Malt scotch on the rare ocasion of new years eve and perhaps a good poker game (time permitting).
The man cave (#1) is filled with machinery...table saw, shaper, jointer, band saw, etc. Man Cave #2 (40 x 60 divided 1/3-2/3) has a lathe/milling machine, drill press, welders and well, you get the idea with a few tractors, a 4 wheeler ATV and some odds and ends at the other end of the building.
Man Cave #3 is the entire house... :lol:

Latest posts