does anyone have a motion detector in their driveway?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It was some kind of air rated gadget...you ran over a hose and it in turn put enough air pressure forward to ring a bell in the building...might be an idea...

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hoosier said:
Remember back in the old days when filling stations had alarms that sounded when you drove over them? Do they still make those and would they be practical? I don't remember how they operated.
Hoosier,

One of those would be great. Wonder if you can find one on ebay.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Why, ticks, in the same way having games on the forum are self-sufficient! This is another type of game we adults play...its called problem-solving! :lol: :D

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Right, We are in the middle of nowhere and sometime I am alone just me and the dogs and the chickens and I would like to know when someone comes up my long driveway. The local sheriff said where we are there is a 30 minute response time. So if I know I am "fixing" to have company at 3:00 AM I can be self sufficient and take care of the problem. Or get out of the house and run for my life. Which would be more like it.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry, I am just upset right now because earlier when we were in the yard with the grandkids there was someone on the edge of our pasture. WHen my husband and I approached them one man came forward and said he was renting the proprty from his uncle for hunting. ANd that thefence around our pasture was our property line. My husband said that is true but the driveway is deeded. Well he started saying no that was not true his uncle said it belong to him and they could use it anytime they wanted. So we are now in the process of getting a surveyor so we can get the property defind and expand our electric fence. We may not charge the entire fence but we want to post the lines.

So if there are going to be people hunting on the edges of our property I would really like to know. It is where my hen house and garden is.

We now have posted signs all up and down our driveway and on the prcperty line facing the field.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Our state has laws about discharging a firearm within 500 ft. of a dwelling. You might want to check out hunting regs in your area to be prepared for hunting season.

Sounds to me like your neighbors are spoiling for a property line dispute, so gather all the info you can for your arsenal! My family dealt with this for years, so I know it can take all the enjoyment of owning property away from you. Gives all hunters a bad name, as well. Sorry! :(

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry you are facing this. Good luck.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Our state has laws about discharging a firearm within 500 ft. of a dwelling. You might want to check out hunting regs in your area to be prepared for hunting season.

:(
Beekissed,

This is good information because or son and his wife are going to be building next year on the property on the edge of the woods. We need to determine where 500 feet of ours and then their house will be. All of the sudden our 7 acres has gotten a lot smaller. :mad:

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I was just going to suggest what hoosier said about the hoselike thingies that beep in the house if someone drives over them.

I know such things were made as recently as ten years ago; I expect they still are. You might look in some of the more upscale 'rural living' type magazines, like Harrowsmith Country Life or Hobby Farms, to see if there are ads.

I used to know one that would freeze up in bitterly cold (Ohio) weather, but dunno whether that's a problem with them all.

Pat