Does anyone here have or know about MS

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yea, waiting is hard!
Doing all you can for as long as you can is important! I don't think my son does as much as he could, but in part it's my fault too. I have health issues of my own to fight and sometimes it's easier on me not to push or help him do things he should or could. I do make him get his own breakfast and lunch. He also manages to load the wood stove a couple times a day. Many people with milder forms can keep working for many years. It all depends on what form and how stubborn you are. When my son was diagnosed he was working where they make those big cement beams for bridges and such, He had to quit because it was too dangerous to do that type of work. Matter of fact it was a fall on the job that got him to the doctor where the found the MS! However I know people that have less physical jobs that they did for many years.
I think the reason why what little information you found was so vague is because there is such a spectrum of symptoms and types and so little is really known about it that it's hard to pin down. What works for one may not work for another. One person could be wheelchair bound within a year while another may only have fairly mild bouts for 5- 15 years or more!

Again... Good Luck!

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My dear friend has MS. Her mother had the progressive version, but hers is relapsing-remitting. She is pretty mild at the moment, but has to take interferon shots several times a week, which is hard on her. One thing that she was told to do that helped hugely is to take large amounts of vitamin D. Apparently most Americans don't get enough sun, so we don't get enough vitamin D, and she was pretty low. She says she feels much better on the vitamin D (I think it's 1 or 2000 mg per day? Not sure).

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well the results are in and I have ms. I am kinda in a brain fog right now. The doc is talking about injections 3 times a week. I just feel numb and adrift.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry. You are valued and loved on this forum, we got'cher back. Come here any time you need to vent, cry, rant or be vunerable. We love you. We will listen.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
mrscoyote said:
Well the results are in and I have ms. I am kinda in a brain fog right now. The doc is talking about injections 3 times a week. I just feel numb and adrift.
:hugs Just take it a day at a time and keep as active as you can be! :bun