Does anyone here have or know about MS

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks,you guys are great! I always feel better when I come here. We talked some more with the doctor and have an alternative to the injections :weee. I just pray it works. Staying active is easy with the farm and kids.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please watch the video I mentioned in Post #13, if you haven't already. This woman, a doctor, turned her symptoms around by changing her diet - and she was in a wheelchair when she started. You might be able to do even more, as you would be starting from a better position.

bluebirdnanny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
For those of us with MS or Fibromyalgia cafeine, chemicals, Monosodium Glutamate, artificial seeteners, lack of sleep (seritonin levels), stress, sugar, processed foods are irritants and flareup increasers. Also OVERDOING it as well as inactivity.
One MUST listen to their body and do things in smaller increments BUT DO THEM. My DR thought I'd be in a wheelchair after reading my medical records. I walked in. Now I have had to concede to the cane because of many falls and the addition of thinning bones (high brake/shatter risk). But I do everything I can for myself, just different ways to do them to fit my abilities AND many breaks. Do home therapy and use that heat and cool gel packs. Muslum fabric filled with rice holds heat and can be reused by microwaving. Frozen peas are great for pressure point cooling. Gets around the sore muscles and into the dents to massage if you wiggle or twist on them.
How is that to begin?

bluebirdnanny

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Once the damage is done it can not be "reversed" but can be but the symptoms can be. It is like the Herpes Virus... in the system but not flared status. Thus we "think" it is cured. And if you are lucky enough to catch it early you may "reverse the EFFECTS" and limitations it puts on your lifestyle.

With anything sitting down and doing nothing will cause a faster failure of your body system. That is a slow painful way to die.

Accept what you absolutely can not do and like was said before: DO do what you can and listen to your body. Accept it will take you longer than others.