Does anyone live near pine cones?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dont, I dont even know what a pine tree looks like! I live in shrubs w/ palm trees.

I want to do those bird feeders w/ peanut butter and seed on a pine cone. I will pay for shipping & handling, but I just want a nice big box!! USPS has those flat rate shipping boxes now...

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In between Goleta and Santa barbara, lol our burn piles are just shrubs!!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Let me walk around and take some pics to see if you want these. In a while - my son is visiting for 24 hours and leaves this afternoon - after I fill him up with good homemade food!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just remember, different types of pines, spruce and firs have different types of cones. Some cones are not really good for this type of activity. If no one closer to you has any good cones, LMK. We have a ton of pine trees in the woods near us, and the cones are good for this. We do it every year at the nature center in early December.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I have made birdfeeders out of pinecones, too. Unfortunately the pine trees in my immediate vicinity aren't good for this type of project. I think the ones at my friend's house are good though. I'll have to check next time I visit her, which is hopefully soon.

fancy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Way too many pine cones here! I could send you a truckload at least. LOL

Fancy

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
mspony,

You live close to pine trees. Just head for the mountains. You should find them at higher elevations.