doing away with the big chain stores...

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I stopped supporting Wal-Mart about 6 years ago, when they were discovered to support Planned Parenthood on 'The List.' And since then they have received very little money from my household.
The first week I stopped using them, I saved all my receipts and then tallied up all the extra costs as well as savings and I saved 43 dollars on my weekly shopping, but I had to go to 4 separate stores. However it really didn't take me any longer than the single trip to Wal-Mart would have. Just more stops. I knew what I had to buy and where I had to buy it and so I did it in an orderly fashion.
I was put on some meds and the doctor told me that I can get a 3 month supply of my med @ wally world for 10 dollars, so I did have it filled there. I can't even use my Rx card @ my local Rx for that price. So I now go to Wal-Mart 4 times a year and spend about 11 dollars and walk straight out. But any other meds I need (OTC or Rx) are obtained @ my local pharmacy. WW wanted my insurance card, but I wouldn't give it to them. I didn't want to run the risk that they might get more money than the 10 bucks.
I would love for the community to all show up @ a parish council meeting when its time for wally world to get tax exempt again and demand the council refuse. If WW leaves, it will make room for all the businesses that had to close, to re-open there doors.
We don't have any other really big chains in our town.