Doing sales?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We have a buy- sell- trade section on here.

You should post a list of what you have for sale.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
XPC,

UGH! I can't loggon to Ebay right now, I'm having an argument with them. When I finally decided to close my store down, I paid that last month's fees on the day due. Since I had no sales this was an exact amount of $15.99. I waited 24 hours to make sure the payment was recieved, then closed the account down. According to them I owe for another full month for a total of $15.99. Which I am refusing to pay. So I have been banned from using Ebay for now until I pay that amount. Now, $15.99 isn't all that much, if I could make more then that back. What I noticed from that link you sent me is that most, if not all of the sellers are "buy now" sales. These are usually companies. What I would really like to see, but I cannot do because of my restrictions on ebay are... is what the final sales over a period of time. This can befound by going to ADVANCED search on an item. I used this feature to determine if an item was worth selling on ebay in the first place.

Farmfresh,

Oh boy! I don't think a list would be possible, because of the sheer volume of what I'm selling. Mind you I'm dumping off just about everything I don't absolutly need. Much of it I wish I could keep. Ya know how us men love our tools. Well, to mom's stuff I'm selling off about 90% of my tools as well. It would probably be easier for me to take pitures going shelving unit by shelving unit and post pictures of that for folks to see what I have then to make a list.

ALL,

My inquiry to see if anyone lived in the area, was if any would be intersted in bartering. I could use some tables to display items in trade for stuff I'm going to sell anyways.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Jaxom said:
XPC,

UGH! I can't loggon to Ebay right now, I'm having an argument with them
Yep like I said I already looked and they were still selling for a couple of dollars each, some for 50 cent others for $5, most were in lots of 5 for $15. In the last 30 days 20 of 38 listings sold.

One poor sob had to sell a complete Selectric 3 with 7 balls for 99 cents with only $30 shipping, lost his butt could of sold the balls for $20 alone.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I just remembered if you just want to look around on ebay just make a new ID using a different email address then your locked account. You won't be able to buy or sell with it but it will get you into the advance search menus and the help forums.

I have 3 ID's, one for buying one for selling and 1 for posting. All 3 are indispensable. I started with both ebay and paypal back in 1998 and closed my store ebay store in 2008. I think they got me for 2 months rent before they stopped taking money, it was a giant time waster to try to work things out with them so I just gave up - sometimes you have to pick you battles and easier while still on the inside, heck after a while they may even find their error and refunded your money.

I still sell but not as much and only did $1200 so far this year, in 2008 I did about $5000 mostly all the surplus electronics from my repair shop. I have about 50 inductive and laser sensors left worth about $3k on the ebay market and am slowly adding them to 30day repeating BINs.

If you are truly suspended you can not link your name, address, credit card, paypal, or bank information to a new ID as they have some good cross checking software.

The problem with being a seller now is that you have to accept an online payment form as paypal, paymate, google, or a credit merchant account, if you accept paypal you have to upgrade your personal paypal to a premier account linked to your bank account - no way around that -or the 21 day money hold on new members.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wanted to resurrect this thread again. In a few hours, after taking a "nap", I'l get back down stairs again. Going to be another scorcher here again today, so it's not like I can sit around watching tv or chatting online. Besides I have to get this sale done!

For most items I've got it worked out what to do. If I've got bulk of something, I can mark a box X amount each or make offer for all. Same for like items on a shelf or such. For the most of what I have to offer I have to say I've a good idea how to do it now thanks to suggestions made here. The one shelving unit I don't know what to do about is the one I have all these little, what my mother would have called, "dust collectors". Examples are of a set of shot glass sized china tea cup and saucer sets my mother inherited from my grandmother. There's also quite a bit of the japanese gifts my mother recieved from her bosses. Some of the minatures my grand mother collected, were so small, those dots offered at office supply stores are twice their size!

If I was settled someplace these would be ideal items to toss onto ebay. But I'm just not set up to do that now. Not sure what to do, with the items on just this one shelving unit. Suggestions?

Thanks again,

Jax

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Sounds like some of it could be worth some money and difficult to get an honest price from anyone who may have an interest in them. Keeping it separate and behind glass would be ideal as the small items will grow legs and walk off.

Remember people will move items from box to box to get the best items for the cheapest price, burying a $10 item in a $1 box of crap is almost as common as a cat in a Chinese restaurant.

I got to my grandparents estate sale a little late to price stuff for my parents, I had already saw some of the stuff and told them to hold off on selling but my dad is a pighead. They sold all my grandmas 50+ year old coke memorabilia for only 10 cents a piece. Much sought after cast iron for $1 and found a 50 cent picture that had an envelope stuck in the back with $300 cash in it.

I took every dresser drawer out and scoured the in betweens and underneaths of every piece of furniture they had including the desk I took home twice. They were fairly well off which probably explains why they still had meat in their deep freeze dated from 1960. a lot of it too.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
If you honestly only have one shelving unit of this kind of stuff, personally, I would box it up and WAIT until I could get top dollar by what ever means.

One box won't get in the way of any other plans THAT much and the loss you will take at a garage sale would not be worth the convenience of getting rid of one more box.

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Xpc,

Having been a retail manager, oh boy am I well aware of how easily things grow feet!!! A common tactic was for a pair or more people to come into a store, one would distract myself or other crew members while the rest of the group would start filling pockets and such. You have no idea how much I wish I had other's here to help me, even just running the sale!

Farmfresh,

I understand your point. Like I said I know that if I were to hold off and sell these items on Ebay or such, I would get top dollar. But I need EVER dime I can make now. I can't wait on these items.

I finnished of cleaning and displaying house wares type stuff. Tomorrow I'll begin working on electronics and tools. Before I do so I'll take some pictures of this one shelving unit, perhaps that would help folks understand what I'm talking about.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
You may know retail theft but do you know rummage and auction theft? they are a much lower life form and the scourge of the earth being both vile and pugnacious, they have no redeeming human qualities and are generally held as base born scum. That little old grandma will rip your head off and spit down your neck - I would be afraid very afraid of what evil comes your way.

I like Farmfresh's idea of keeping the more expensive items out of reach or packed up to sell later when you have the time to research them properly.