Doing sales?

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Xpc,

Yes I know those as well. This isn't the first time I've done sales like this. Just the first time I've had to do it all by myself after having folks "promise" to help me. Last 10+ years, ex/fiance and I would plan garage sales are her place. It's a much better location and none of the permit or limit issues I have in my town.

Having said all that I came up with a solution for those knick-knacks. I was already planning on using a small table, one that wasn't large enough to display things on near the entrance of the basement. I'm going to use this table for where I'll have my cash box, place to leave my drinks, ect. Right opposite where I was going to place this is a chest freezer. While working on the housewares group yesterday I came across some disposable table cloths, I can toss that over the freezer for a day or two for the sale. That way all these small items will be closer to me. They'll also be closer to the entrance/exit, so I have to be aware of that as well.

I may have some help coming too. I have a young couple with two of thier friends renting the house next to me. They had bought some books off me about a month ago, but have yet to pick them up. Yesterday I realized I really need that room now for displaying so I asked if they could move them. While talking to them and lamenting about getting this done, they volunteered to just be eyes for me while I handle the sale. That will be an enourmous help! Only issues is how to politely, tactfully ask that one of them stays home with thier 3yr old. When they were going through the books looking for ones they wanted, the young boy came with and was constantly getting into things.

Once I move this knick-knack display from the shelving unit it's on now, to the top of the freezer, I'll take a picture then, see if I can get some suggestions on how to price it out.

Latest posts