Double Dip Recession?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Gas was at $2.52 here yesterday. We're lucky in that we have reduced our travel so that we only need to fill up about once a month on average.

My son, in the NOLA area, said he was paying about $2.35. The lower gas prices are one of the few things that I miss about living back there.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, how can there be a DOUBLE-DIP recession when I don't remember the first one ever stopping...??

At least gas down the street from me is "only" $2.52...:D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My son is one of those "lazy unemployed" folks. He has applied for probably hundreds of jobs, both in his field and just manual labor types of work - full and part time - no takers. Every available job has scores of applicants.

At least we own our house and have a lake place. No family member will have to live on the street.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At least we own our house and have a lake place. No family member will have to live on the street
That's awesome! I wish we didn't owe so much on ours :(

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Double Dip Recession my arse! The economy still hasn't hit the bottom to the first dip yet!
I thank God everyday that The Wife and I had the foresight to pay this place off early, get rid of the toys, and get as far out of debt as possible.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
My son is one of those "lazy unemployed" folks. He has applied for probably hundreds of jobs, both in his field and just manual labor types of work - full and part time - no takers. Every available job has scores of applicants.
aint that right. did you see that dateline (??) program the other sunday about the food kitchen here in ohio? there was a job to drive the truck and seventy (SEVENTY thats 70) people applied for it. and it was basically a minimum wage job. thats not too far from here.

double dip - nope i still dont think we hit bottom....

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ok, so maybe I won't be able to get a job in the city.. :/

Sally, I can still stay with you, right?? :hit :hit :hit

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Neither of the places we own are valued for very much and both need lots of work done, but I am thankful that we never over spent ourselves and instead tried to keep things paid off. We still have debt, but nothing like most people and we are working hard to eliminate it while we still both have jobs.

If this economy gets much worse "Experienced Goat Herd" might be one of the higher paying jobs available Blackbird! Hang in there.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Well, wall street thinks things have picked up from the news I hear. No one else has that I know of. I know we are lucky to both have pretty recession proof jobs- people aren't going to be able to do without cops or pharmacists any time soon. But, my job is getting more and more hectic as people got laid off who actually do work (no administrators lost jobs!) and we get busier and busier. (I am at a substance abuse and mental health facility)

I am thankful that I am employed. Now I really want to get debt free!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There's an ad been running in our local CL for an experienced dairy goat herd management-type person. Too bad I'm not qualified. :(