Downsized

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My husband was laid-off on Friday. His company was a tier 2 supplier to the auto industry.

I go from the 'we will be okay and he will find another job in a couple of months mode' to the 'fear and panic as nearly all the local companies are laying off and he won't be able to find a job mode'.

I have been trying to be strong for him and haven't cried yet, but sometimes I feel like this :hit on the inside.

It is good to have a place to come and share my feelings and pick up money saving ideas.

Thanks everyone.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh shoot! I'm sorry hoosier. That is tough news. I know you will be ok. Just try to take one day at a time.

My husband hasn't had income for nearly a year and we are making it, somehow. It has made me much more appreciative for a lot of different things,

Hugs to you! :hugs

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I am so sorry...but hang in there! Things happen for a reason and sometimes we can't see the reason until much later. Perhaps a wonderful opportunity is lurking right around the corner.

You are strong and he needs that right now, he needs to know that his woman is not going to fall apart and lose faith in him!

We are here for you anytime you need to let it out. :hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh hoosier that just stinks. I had my fingers crossed he would be OK.....ahh.....I know. Tony is was in full layoff, now with the new year he is on every other week layoff. Better than nothing and I can only hope all is back to normal soon. To think of the alternative --well, I can't.

I know you emotions must be swinging wild.

Be sure you know all your SS info and knowledge, well it will kick in and do what is necessary to make it!!!! You have alot of faith in yourself and that he will get a job soon!

best of luck to both of you!!!! Keep posting how you are doing and what new SS ways you discover trying to save.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the support, everyone. It REALLY helps.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
:hugs My DH got laid off in August. He was able to find a job, although he to take a pay cut. I am praying your DH is able to find a job soon!

greyhorsewoman

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My husband was laid off in July. He starts his new job tomorrow, 6 months to the day of his layoff.

He also had to take a pay cut, but his new job is located only 3 miles from home with regular hours (his last job was driving 700-1000 miles a week with 10+ hours overtime). They are anticipating new projects and hope to give him a 'bump' in 6 months if the new contracts come through.

Just keep focused. Best of luck. (And use some of the time off to get all those projects done!) ;)