Downsized

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, that just stinks! I am so sorry...be strong..you CAN do this. And dont forget....if you need help, just ASK! Have him start the unemployment papers ASAP...even tho he might be looking for another job. Go through the house, unplug everything you dont use daily. You will be amazed on how much this will help the light bill. Were here for ya.

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here is hoping he will find another job soon!
Stay positive and know that many people will be here for support if you need it!

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hoosier, I'm sorry. Like FC said, "this just stinks!!!"
Know that you aren't alone in this situation. It's tough here in Indiana. My DH has been laid off since October. You can do it. It is hard, but like others mentioned, you gain a different appreciation for things and your SS skills will be tested.

Come here anytime and talk away or rant or vent. This forum is all about member support.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hoosier
do you have a well stock pantry and freezer?
just wondering

cause all that SS stuff we do, this is when we need it! :p

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you all for your encouraging stories of found jobs and money saving tips.

I mentioned to my SIL that we had no idea where to go to file for unemployment and she told us it could all be done online. He did all of the 'paperwork' today that he could. He will have tofinish once he gets his final paycheck.

Yes, we do have a full freezer and a well stocked pantry. (I learned this from my dad.)

I really can't express how thankful I am that you all are here for me/us.

:hugs all around!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thank goodness for unemployment.....some money is better than none!

best of luck
glad that pantry is stocked!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
WOw, so sorry to hear about your dh's job. Just another casualty of our econmy. Hopefully he will not be out of work too long. Glad you have a full freezer & pantry, just remember to use it sparenling to make it strech as far as possible. Do you garden too? That will help this summer. To help him pass the time all those clean up non money costing projects can now get done. MAke that honey doo list, I know I would!