Dreamer Living off Social Security

perchie.girl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't llamas also need their hooves trimmed, as well as their teeth???? Quick google search indicated that teeth need attention if they are overgrown, or misaligned, causing damage to the palate or cheeks, BUT, some alpacas never need their teeth trimmed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=do+...7j69i60j0l3.3944j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
I could do their hooves.... Same equipment as goats... as long as they were happy about it. The teeth need special equpment but I am assuming that this doesnt need to be done often?

Ok Read the article... it seems Alpacas need toe be tended more often... but I have had horses more than fifty years and in their case the vet Floats (smooths out) their jaw teeth if needed once a year. Depending on conformation. Nowadays there are equine Dentists... Some vets take extra training in order to "cross pollinate" The suggestion was to use an equine dentist to do the job. to avoid issues caused by the trimming (sharp teeth digging into the upper palate)

I can haul the Llama out in the horse trailer once a year... For necessary routine exams and or dental work. Just not once every six weeks which is what horses need.

deb

Latest posts