Dreaming...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds like things are really coming together for you.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been crazy here. DH went back to SA on Tuesday and we tried before then to spend some time together as a family and make the most of the time he had here and since then to get used to not having him around. He'll be back in a few weeks though.

I'm still waiting for my rental house and hoping to be able to move in next weekend :fl I can stay here, in this cottage, until Friday/Saturday only, it's booked for the week after.

In the meantime I'm poultry shopping, found a Cemani breeder nearby and am SO tempted to get some, gosh those birds are stunning in the flesh. I really miss my flock… I can't get any birds at the moment, I have to wait... I did buy some plants though lol Strawberry plants, for my future garden. I'm aching to get busy and get a garden and flock going.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can't blame you. I know I get bored on a vacation since there's nothing to do so I can just imagine what you're going thru.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. Hopefully soon you'll be settled in your new place and can get your hands back in the dirt!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We arrived here on the 1st, 3 weeks ago, so I'm getting antsy now, but things will happen when they happen… I can't wait to get going though! I've seen so many beautiful plants, I want to start gardening asap and hope the weather will be kind to me. I'm still unsure about the seasons here and what to do and expect when.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Hey all, still alive over here. Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been crazy. In a nutshell: after waiting more than 5 weeks for the rental house, the landlord pulled out of the agreement. Thankfully we found a cheap apartment in the town centre that we could rent for a few weeks while first waiting for the house and then looking for something else that is suitable. We did eventually find a lovely house with a piece of land up in Co Clare and moved in last weekend. We're still trying to get ourselves sorted and straight in-between driving long distances to collect all our goods and our pre-ordered (weeks ago) puppy, an English Bullterrier, female:
IMG_0906.jpg

I'm hoping to have more time over the coming weeks to post and visit here more regularly. I missed you all!