Duchess had her babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my!! How beautifull! I so wish mine would have made it. Maybe spring babies from my shetlands? I could just kiss those little faces!! Congrats!!!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Thanks! There is a little runt, and I'm not sure if he is getting enough milk. What's all involved with bottle feeding.... do I milk the mom and give it to the lamb, or do I buy stuff. I'm keeping a close eye on him.

jezzicaz789

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
FC, one needs to be prepared just in case :) We were able to dip the umbilical cords of two of the lambs, and will get the last one later. I didn't want to stress them out too much, and they were trying to suckle so we just backed off to let nature take its course. When we check later on, we will see if they all have suckled., Plus we will go back and take pics.

DD and I were just getting out of the truck coming in from town, and I heard Dolly, the other sheep baaaaa, so of course we baaaa'd back, and then we heard a tiny little baaaaa.
:ya

Well, lemme tell ya, I don't run, like the house is on fire? No, I;ll walk quickly out of the house, type of 'I don't run'. Well, when I hear that little baaaa, followed by another little baaaaaa, one lamb was out of the sheep house, with the other one sticking its cute little head out--- I RAN!! IN SNOW!! Oooh they are just so precious! :love

OK, back down to earth for a moment. Yes, I believe it is still placenta, so I will just let her expel it naturally.
Thank you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.